Epilogue

Date: 7th June, 2016.

It's 2 am and this is the last time I'll rant about how tired I am and how late I am up, writing this. I love this book, and I seriously don't want it to end.

"Vodka burns my throat  but your name hurts

my head so I would rather  black out with

a hangover than stare blankly at my hands

trying to forget what it was like to touch you."

BLAZE'S POV

Five years later.

\\Song for the chapter: The Memory by Mayday Parade\\
AN: I'm so fucking addicted to that song since ages. Mayday Parade is greattt.

Listen to it while reading, the song fits perfectly plus it makes this sadder :(:
Okay, I'm done, happy reading.

Five years.

Today marked the fifth year anniversary of Nov passing away.

The layer of ice above the gravel crunched under my shoes and a feeling of dread settled deep in my stomach. Anxiety swallowed me as a whole.

Now, anxiety had become all I had ever known.

It had become the hot and cold flashes that confused me when I was already confused enough.

It had become the fighting in my chest and the lump in my throat.

It had become the snowballing worries that became an avalanche in an instant.

It made living difficult than it already was.

I walked towards the cemetery, locking the doors of my car behind me. A bead of sweat broke out on my forehead but it was freezing cold already.

A small hand clutched onto my larger one and I had a bouquet in the other hand. The scent of roses invaded my nose but I couldn't help but sigh. The flowers looked so alive and I looked so, well, not.

As I made way towards Nov's grave, I could feel myself become more anxious by the passing second. I couldn't take it.

It had been five years, already. It couldn't have been. She needed to be here. How could I carry on without her?

I looked around. I tried to calm myself and not to freak out in the middle of a cemetery.

Blaze, calm down. Breathing in, I prepared myself for grounding. It was a trick my shrink had taught me when I needed to calm down. I tried to push the paranoia away and focus on the order of things.

5 things you see. What five things do you see, Blaze?

The clouds, the road, the flowers, the graves, and an apple.

I tried to remember the next step before I freak out a bit more.

4 things I can touch.

The plastic of the bouquet, the hand which held mine, my phone, and the grass.

3 things I can hear.

The slight sound of the tires screeching, the birds singing and the music my earphones were playing.