Jealousy

Ever since the reunion at the hospital Jax had been spending a lot of time with Tara. It made you sick. Knowing they had known each other for years didn't make it any better. You sit at the kitchen table, drumming your fingers on the table. Your thoughts clouding your mind like smoke clouds a small room. Jax had spent the day at the clubhouse, giving you plenty of time to think. Which didn't make anything easier.

You're pulled back to reality when you hear the front door close and then a pair of footsteps stroll into the kitchen.

"You made it home safe?" You hear Jax ask. You're confused at this point, you hadn't gone anywhere today. You turn to reply when you notice Jax is on the phone. You look at him confused before he speaks into the phone again, "Good I'm glad! I gotta go Tara, thanks for meeting me for lunch." He flips the phone closed before he smiles at you.

"What?" You ask.

"What?"

"Since when do you meet her for lunch?" You ask.

"Since today actually," he replies walking over to the fridge to grab a beer. "I thought it would be a nice jester."

"For what?" You snap.

"To catch up. I haven't seen her since she moved to Chicago for school." He replies cracking open his beer and taking a slug.

"And you think that's ok?!"

"Uh yeah," he replies taking another slug. "It was just lunch." He places his beer bottle on the counter before walking over to you. "You're not jealous are you?"

You look down and start playing with your fingers, "maybe..."

Two of his fingers appear under your chin, directing your face up to his, "I had lunch with her to catch up. Find out what she's been up to for the last ten years." He pauses, smiling at you before continuing, "I asked her if she'd be the clubs doctor."

"Doctor for what?"

"Incase I or the boys get hurt. We can't exactly go to the hospital if it's club related," he replies and you nod. "I've known her since I was sixteen Darlin. I promise nothing is going on between us. We had history, dated briefly before she left for Chicago, that's it."

"You promise?" You ask looking into his eyes.

"I promise." He smiles leaning down and kisses your lips.