Shopping in Stockton part 2

"I don't think this is gonna work." You say from behind the change room curtain.

"Sure it will!" Your friend calls from the other side. You take a deep breath before stepping out of the clothes stuffed cubicle. Lyla lets out a squeal, "it's perfect!"

"Yeah perfect if I want him to look at me as an escort."

Lyla rolls her eyes, "it's honest work hun! Don't knock it till you've tried it"

"I know, I'm sorry. That just not how I want his attention. I don't want him to notice me for my body, I want him to notice me for my personality."you tell her pulling down the skirt a little. "Besides.. short skirts aren't my thing."

"Ok ok," Lyla turns her head just as a big smile appears on her face. You look in the same direction, before you can spot what she was looking at she turns you around and stuffs you back into the change room. "Stay here! I found the perfect outfit for you!" She tells you before shutting the curtain and walking away.

You hear her heels echo on the tile floor as she walks away. You admire the outfit. It was nice, Lyla had good taste, but this was an outfit only she could pull off. Pulling down your shirt again a pair of jeans land across the top of the curtain rod.

"Try these!" Lyla says before tossing a shirt and jacket on top of the pants. You quickly pull off your shirt and put on the jeans. That's better you think before throwing on the whole outfit. You emerge from behind the curtain to see Lyla smiling like crazy. "How's that?"

You turn around to the mirror on the wall. This was your look! "It's amazing!" You tell her turning your reflection so you could see all the angles.

"Does your best friend know you or what?"

"She does" you smile. "Let's go pay for this and go home."

~~~~~~~~

You finally arrived back to the clubhouse in your new outfit. Lyla puts the car in park.

"Ready to go in Darlin?"

"Absolutely!"

You both get out and walk into the clubhouse. The boys are lounging on the couches outside of the bar. As the door creaks open then stop their chatter and look towards you.

"We're home!!" Lyla says in a cheerful voice holding her bags.

"Only took you forever!" Juice admits.

"Beauty isn't easy Juice!" Lyla replies.

You both go over and sit on the couch next to the boys. You talk about your drive to Stockton and how nice it was to get away from Charming even for a few hours. The boys ask about your shopping date and if you ran into any trouble. All why Jax can't seem to keep his eyes off of you. You continue talking when you're interrupted by a small buzz buzz in your back pocket. You pull out your phone to see a text floating across your screen;

"I told you the outfit would work! Mr.Mayhem can't keep his eyes off of you! Mission accomplished 🎉☺️"

Oh Lyla.