sixteen part-two

i shut my diary, throwing it on my dresser along with the pen i used. today was the day. today, i will go to prom with matthew, and i will not mess it up. atleast i believe i won't. my mom had me prepped for this, she talked me through all of the possibilities of events that may occur and what to do if that happens. but i didn't really believe much of that stuff would happen. "you should start getting ready, oh, and your father might come home early to see you and that cute boy matthew." my mom smiled at me. i rolled my eyes, "okay."

i slowly walked upstairs, dreading having to do my hair and makeup. i went into my closet, immediately spotting the beautiful black prom dress i had bought yesterday. i already put it separate from all of my other clothes, for it was special. i grab it off of the hanger, laying it on my bed i strip my clothing off. i leave my old clothes on the floor and slip on the delicate, long, sleek black dress. i looked in the mirror to see myself, wearing a dress i probably never would have if prom was not a thing. matt was damn lucky i even agreed to go, i've never been into school events.

i walk into my bathroom, letting my curler heat up. i didn't want my hair to have tight curls, more like loose waves, so it didn't need to heat up for a long time. i grab the curler and begin on my hair, letting the waves fall down and cascade down to my mid-back.

--

by the time i finished, i had only 30 minutes. i quickly ran to my vanity, starting on my facial blemishes and flaws first. after i finished on my face, i started on my eyes. i did a cut crease look with a smoky black above the crease that blends out to my brow bone and rose gold glitter all over my crease, adding winged liner, i applied mascara, making my curly lashes more defined. i was done.