fourteen

dear diary,
best day ever, i tell you. in the morning, chloe asked matthew to prom about 15 times, i counted. every single time she asked, matt would just sigh and shake his head. i was still wondering who the hell he planned to ask. it was stuck in my mind throughout all my morning classes.

during lunch, i sat down at my usual table. i was all alone at a table in the back, yes, i got stares, but, i don't really feel the need to talk or socialize with people at all. i keep to myself. i was casually eating my food when i felt a tap on my back. i turned around and saw matthew, standing there with a big box of pizza. i had given him a confused look, he opened the box and faced the inside of the box towards me, there were words. i read 'i know this is cheesy, but will you go to prom with me?', i laughed out loud and nodded my head. i remember the moment so well, he wrapped his arms around my neck since i was sitting, engulfing me into a warm hug. everyone in the whole cafeteria was staring, but at the time i couldn't care. "thank you, for accepting. i know you usually don't go to these type of things." he sat down with me and i had bitten my lip. "well, with a proposal like that, how couldn't i?" i asked. we both laughed and started eating the pizza, and may i say it was damn good. and that, my diary, is how i was asked to prom.