Sometimes I Forget

Tonight was the Butterfly-Johansen family reunion. Or, Flag Day. I sat at the kids table with babies Mimi, Buddy, and Ashe. Not to mention my age, Carter. Carter was a shy, organized boy who wouldn't talk much. Unless it was about hunting. I hunted rarely. But I did hunt. "Are you okay?" He asked. I wasn't very comfortable with talking about this subject. But I would make an exception because he's the only kid my age. "Yes, why?" I tried to avoid talking about it. "I don't know, Mike kind of blasted you across the room. He seemed like such a jerk that night." I could agree. "I guess I just made him mad." Judging by my terse replies, he could tell I didn't want to talk about it. "Your dress is pretty." I like flag day because there's no Lucitors to tell me to stop talking to other guys. "Thank you! I quite like your suit as well." And that was true. It really complimented his light brown hair. Heckapoo said it was fine for me and Carter to play Flags. So me and Carter made our own team; The Teens. And were going to be king of the hill. And we were. After winning, I asked him if he wanted to go out and get Goblin Dogs. I thought he might like dimension 812. So after eating them, we went to 812. We ran around and played games in the bright green grass for hours. Heckapoo later came to get me after 17 hours of chasing each other. "We've got a royal crisis on our hands." Sometimes I forget I don't have parents. Sometimes I forget I'm because of something that my mother couldn't control. Sometime I forget I'm queen. "What's the crisis?" I asked. I wanted to stay with Carter for a few more hours. Maybe I would freeze time if she wouldn't let me. If Skywynne did it, it has to be easy enough. She had almost no guidance from any other queens. Carter is a good friend. Sometimes I forget that I'm not all alone in the world.