Chapter Twenty-Four.

Start from the beginning

            “I missed her so-“

            “Justin?”

            All of us turned our heads over to Jazzy who was standing in her pink nightgown by the door, her stubby little fingers twirling around the edge of it. She looked frightened and all I wanted to do was hold her in my arms.

            “Can you help me fall asleep? I’m scared.”

            “Of course Jaz, I’ll be there in a second.”

            She gave him a smile and went back into her room as I leaned up to kiss his cheek and sat up so I wasn’t on top of him anymore. I loved the bond him and his siblings had and watching him with kids was so incredible. It just made me think about Isabelle and that hurt like hell.

            “I’ll be back.” He said.

            Then he rose to his feet and wandered into the room where Jazzy was and I pulled my knees up to my chest, leaning over to grasp the cup of hot chocolate in my hands so I could sip gently on it. The silence wasn’t awkward but I could tell Pattie wanted to say something.

            “What is it?” I asked.

            “Nothing sweetie… It’s just really nice to see you with my son again. I was worried about him when you were apart although I don’t blame you. When he had told me what he done…”

            She paused, letting out another sigh.

            “I was beyond disappointed in him. You made my son’s life so much better I can’t even begin to tell you. I haven’t seen him in almost a month now but I can already tell he’s back to himself and that makes me so happy. You are such a special girl Sophia, you really are.”

            She was honestly going to make me cry again if she kept talking like that.

            “Pattie that year I was apart from him was the longest year of my entire life. Not a day went by that I didn’t think about him and whenever I would see another news article or him with another girl my heart would break even more. You know how much I loved him Pattie and I don’t want you to think even for a second that I wanted to hurt him but I just thought-“

            “My son needed you out of his life to focus on what was truly important. If it were me in your position I would have done the same thing but I truly am glad you’re back into his life Sophia because you better him. Jeremy and I were so happy when we saw the picture in the paper. Is he treating you right?”

            I set the cup back down onto the coffee table and cleared my throat.

            “Better than ever. He’s been nothing but a gentleman.”

            She probably didn’t need to hear about the club the other night and as much as that hurt me I’ve just decided to try and look past it. He did apologize and by now I’ve given him more chances than I can count so what would another one hurt?

            “I’ll get those.” I said when she went to pick up the cups. “Don’t worry about it.”

            When all of them were in my hands I started to head to the kitchen of their suite until I heard Jazzy laughing from the room she was in. I was debating on whether or not to give them private time but the door was cracked open so I paused and peered in to see what they were doing.

            Jazzy was cuddled up right to Justin’s chest and a book was in his hand as he was reciting each page to her, his voice changing when the characters did. Like when a girl talked his voice would go all high pitched and I couldn’t help but get tears in my eyes because this was what could have been. Isabelle would almost be two and a half years old right now and she would probably love for Justin to cuddle with her.