Nicky X Jackie ~ Le Monocle Pt1

Sooo I'm pretty excited because I finally get to write the historical one shot I wanted to write. It is going to be long but I'm going to cut it in few parts.
It takes place in Paris in April 1937. I will try my best to be historically correct.
I know most of you don't really care about that but I love XIXth and XXth centuries history so much
and it's pretty much about the history of women and Lgbtq+ and a little bit of politic in Iran and France.
I have done some research but I'm not an expert so i' m sorry if I mess up some of the references.

Tw : Abuse (non explicit rape) Homophobia, racism (not that explicit though)
~~

{{ 🌹🐇👗Historical context bc I'm a nerd :

Le monocle : first lesbian club in Paris opened in June 1932 by Lulu de Montparnasse. (Closed by the nazis in the early 40's.) It's also where Marlene Dietrich met Frede.

Lgb(t) (because trans rights weren't the same) rights and community in France during the interwar period : Homosexuality wasn't repressed. >Paris was kind of the european lesbian capital. There wasn't really a community fighting for their rights as Germany and England at this time though.

Montmartre : It's a neighborhood in Paris. In the Golden age of Montmartre (1920 ~1940) it was known for the debauchery and freedom and it was frequented by the greatest parisian (but not only >>Foujita from Japan or Man Ray from the USA for example ) artists. In the beginning of XXth century it was the cradle of the Lgbt culture in Paris.

Political situation in France :

June 1936 : Léon Blum is elected prime Minister. He is from the popular front which is an union of three left sided political parties.
Also he was Jewish and suffered a lot of the antisemitism during his career.
June 1937 : Blum resignates

Political situation in Iran :

I'm going to be pretty vague because I don't want to make mistakes. But basically what you need to know in this story :

Reza Shah was ruling Iran at this time. Making it really nationalist and anti-communist. He was also trying to modernize his country.
Women were pushed to get an education and a job. And they weren't allowed to cover their heads anymore.
England had a great influence on Iran.
The school system was based on the french educational system.
The interaction between France and Iran were good until they deteriorate when Blum was elected.
1937 : First women going to the university of Teheran. 🦠🌸💐 }}

~~~

Jackie's pov :

I look one last time at the envelope. The thin paper marked with a parisian stamp and the address that used to be my home . I slowly push it into the letterbox. I won't come back home. It's the last sentence of my letter to my father. I wonder if my mother will cry. I know Arthur will be there for her.

Behind me the train station where he kissed me one last time on the forehead. ''Gare du Nord''. I certainly won't see my family ever again. I guess it is the price I have to pay to escape my destinity. So many girls would be so happy to have the opportunity I declined. A good husband, a good life. No need to work but being educated. It is the dream of all the girl of my age.

But maybe it is always like this with me. Maybe I love difficulty. Burying myself in a country where I don't have any family, that discriminate me for my origins. A lonely Persian girl in Paris.

But I needed to do that. Or I would have been forced to stop studying.
Two years ago my father sent my brother and me to study here. My brother could have go to Teheran but I couldn't because I am a woman so he sent us here to study. It was my mother that wanted me to go to the university. My father would have preferred to see me get married to Javid In Teheran and drop school. But my mother convinced him to let me go to France to study three years.
But last year Léon Blum has been elected and my father want us to come back to Teheran. He even told me the university of Teheran was now open to girls.
But if I come back he'll make me marry Javid and stop study. And I want to be free. To become an independent woman. To be a doctor.