Bengela ~ Two Years Ago

Hey guys, I'm finally posting !
I'm sorry I wanted to post every day but my chronic headaches are getting worse these days. I just spent more than 24hours with one and basically I can't look at a screen or read or listen to music without the pain getting worst when it happens.
But tonight I'm doing better so I've decided to fight the tiredness to write a new one shot. A Bengela High-school au.
I hope you'll like it ☺️.

~~~

Dela's pov :

I look at myself in the mirror to finally decide that my outfit is okay. Jinkx insisted to drag me to a party tonight. I hate parties. Especially today I just wanted to curl up on myself in my bed and cry.
We are April the seventh and at this date two years ago my brother died. Ben and I were twins. And from then I feel like I lost a part of me.
So the last thing I wanted to do tonight was going to a party. But I know Jinkx want me to think about something else so I said yes.

I take my keys and go outside waiting for jinkx.

~~~

I don't like it. I really tried to enjoy it but it has been one hour since we arrived and I already want to go home. I don't really know anyone. Jinkx is the kind of girl who knows everyone but isn't close to anyone. Except me. We're best friends since kindergarden. And I'm the kind of girl that have only few friends but who is really close to them. So when Jinkx told me we were going to a party with the most popular kids from school I knew I wouldn't know anyone.
The only person I know here is Shangela. Actually it's her home. She and Brad - her big brother- are known to throw big parties and to be the popular kids. She is a cheerleader and he is a footballer. Spoiled kids with a big house and a lot of money. You know the kind of families in teenage TV shows.
I can seem bitter about them but I don't hate them. I mean Brad is a dick, but I always liked Shangela. We were in primary school together and she was a good friend of Ben and I. But she didn't went to the same middle school than us so we lost touch.
When I saw her in High-school for the first time she has changed so much. She is now this pretty blond and popular girl. Sometimes I wish I have the confidence to go talk to her ask her about how things have been for her and tell her about Ben. But I don't.
Anyway I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know who I am anymore.

I walk around looking for Jinkx to ask her to go back home but when I find her she is flirting with some guys. So I guess I'm going to stay for a while. I should really get my driving licence.

I decide to continue wondering around in order to avoid having to talk to people. Next to the pool filled with drunk teenager a big tree stands. I recognize this tree.

When we were 8, Shangela invited our group of friends to her birthday party. We spent all the afternoon climbing this tree and at the end of the day, just before our parents come to pick us up, we all carved the first letters of our name in the wood of the tree . I let my hand run on the wood and feel the old scratches on the tree. '' S+B+J+T+D+K =BFF'' the letters stands for Shangela, Ben, Jinkx, Trixie, Dela, Katya.
I feel a lone tear running down my cheek. I miss these times so much. We were just kids having fun... Things have gotten so much more complicated.

I don't want to break down in tears now. A girl crying alone in the middle of a party, looking at a tree, pretty pathetic huh?
It's enough. I just want to forget everything. I almost run to the kitchen. I need a drink. I don't usually drink a lot. But I just want to stop feeling like this. I take shot after shot. I start feeling dizzy and drunk. But the bad feelings don't go away. I still want to cry and shout. Suddenly I feel a hand on my ass. I try to go away but the person grab my arm.

'' Hey Doll. What are you doing? ''

'' Hey'' I say unsure while he is getting closer to me still grabbing my arm.