Where's My Daughter?

"He is pissed at me," Opal said to no one in particular. She was still feeling the adrenaline of beating that twiggy bitch Julia. "No, if anything he is proud. You gave that bitch Hell" Pekelo smiled and gave her a quick side hug. "What if I just ruined everything again? We were doing so well and I just..." Opal trailed off terrified of losing the peace she and Brendan just found. "Trust me it's fine, you think this is the first time we had fights in the restaurant. Hell, yesterday we had and two busboys wrestling in the alley." Pekelo laughed, while Opal silently panicked. "I don't know where that came from, one minute I was calm. The next minute I was slapping a hoe" Opal wasn't ready for her reaction to Julia. "What do you think they're talking about?"Opal finally addressed her main concern. Once Julia was pulled off her Brendan took her to his office to talk.

"So let's talk, Jules Brendan motioned for Julia to take a seat. He hoped that if he spoke to her as a friend he could get to the bottom of what happened. "Sure let's talk. Let's talk about how a year ago we were so close and now you won't text me back" Jules crossed her arms and pouted. "Well, last year I was a single guy. Now I'm married with twins. Things change Jules, people grow." Brendan couldn't understand why she was so upset, sure they fucked and hung out but that was it. "So where does that leave me then?" She threw up her hands and scoffed. Brendan took a deep breath and reminded himself that he had to keep it professional after all she was an employee that got assaulted by her boss's wife. "What do you mean?" Brendan needed to know where her head was at. "One year ago, you told me you weren't into relationships. I asked if we could go out and you said you didn't do that. Now lil miss pity party comes in and all of a sudden you are married with kids. Like I get she's your friend but how long are you going to play daddy for her." Julia felt her anger bubbling up, how long would this go on"

"Ah, I get it" Brendan smirked, all of a sudden it clicked. "Julia, this isn't a game. I don't pity Opal. I love her. Honestly, if I would have spent less time being a pussy I would have told her much sooner. I'm sorry I hurt you but, this isn't temporary. This is my life now, I'm happily married with two beautiful children. You need to move on, live your life. Stop texting me, stop calling me, stop everything. That is my wife, there is no me and you." Brendan did his best to convey how sorry he was for leading her on, as well as let her know that Opal wasn't going anywhere. "Fuck you, Brendan" Julia stormed out in tears. Brendan was mad that he didn't get to ask if she was going to drop charges, although he had a feeling she wouldn't.

Opal was surprised to see Julia storming out the building in tears. She knew that the bitch rubbed her and was trying to steal her man, but seeing her so defeated she felt the need to ask if she was okay. "This is far from over'' Julia stormed past Opal, and the motherly feeling was gone in a moment. Now all she wanted to do was beat her ass one more time. "I'm sorry would you like another ass whooping" Opal replied ready to go again. "Let's go Jules'' Pekelo practically dragged Julia away. Opal went to Brendan's office so that she could apologize, she opened the door to see her husband smiling. For a moment she had thought she was going insane.

"Brendan?" Opal asked, taken aback by his smirk. "Oookay, are you alright?" Opal treaded lightly still conscious of the trouble she caused. "Fine" He grinned "I just realized that this is my life. We can't get a fucking break." He laughed "I'm so sorry she just got to me and-" Opal started to explain. "Don't this was a result of me fucking around with people's hearts" Brendan raised a hand to pause her rambling. "What? I swung on her. I was the problem here." Opal still felt guilty for her reaction. "Opal, arguing who is to blame gets us nowhere. Now we need to Lawyer up. I doubt she has the resources to get a good lawyer but still can't hurt to be careful." Brendan went straight to planning. Opal was still troubled over everything, but had to keep her head up and trust in Brendan. "Okay what do you need from me?"

The next three weeks went by without incident. Opal and Brendan finally got to spend time with the twins, although they were still cautious about Julia they knew that she had no money to fight them. "Say Mama, say Mama" Opal was sitting with the twins on the living room rug, trying to get either of them to speak. "I told you it's too early" Brendan laughed at her attempts at communication with two 8 month old babies. "In my mommy group, one woman said her son started talking at nine months. Girls develop faster than boys, therefore Zoe has a big chance of talking" Opal argued, defending her actions. Brendan rolled his eyes, there was no arguing with Opal she swore the twins were geniuses. "Whatever you say babe."

BANG!!BANG!!BANG!!. "This is the Police open up!!!" A loud voice announced from the other side of the front door. "This shit again" Brendan knew the quiet was too good to last, this time he was prepared to fight with the Prick detective. Brendan went to open the door to see not one, not two, but four officers standing outside his house. "What Hell is going on?" Brendan asked, confused. He was searching the police faces for his foe Detective, finally he caught a glimpse of Detective Hammel looking smug. "Back again Hammel, we both know you don't got shit on me." Brendan glared. "Not here for you" Hammel smirked.

Opal walked to the door to try to find out what was happening only to see the heads of the officers and the smile of Detective Hammel. "Opal Manfred, you're under arrest for attepted murder of Julia Kelson" a random officer tried to push past Brendan to get to me. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!" Brendan screamed, causing the kids to cry. Opal was in shock, she can't believe what she was hearing, she knew Julia would press charges for assault but this was crazy. "Sir this does not concern you" an officer explained. While another tried to push Brendan to get to Opal. "LIKE HELL IT DOESN'T!! This is low even for you Hammel" Brendan pointed at the aloof Detective.

Opal was in a daze only the sound of her babies screaming jolted her back to reality. "Ma'am, I need you to put your hands up" An officer instructed Opal couldn't tell exactly who was speaking. "I need to the baby" Opal whispered to no one in particular. "Ma'am your hands up" once again voice instructed, Opal went to raise her hands  but one of the twins began tugging at her pants. "I need to get my baby" Opal spoke louder. Opal looked around to see if anyone heard her, just to be sure she complied she raised her hands. Brendan was still in a shouting match with the cops and detectives and oblivious to what was happening with the kids. With her hands held high she looked around for her children. Adam was clearly tugging on her leg but where was Zoe. 

Brendan was seeing red, he couldn't believe the audacity of Julia pulling an attempted murder charge on Opal. Come after him if she was so fucking mad,  if she wanted she could even try to take Opal to court over this dumb assault charge but this was a felony. Brendan was gone, he thought he heard Opal's voice but couldn't make out the words. This punk ass cop on his kept trying to push past him. With a hard shove the newbie fucker pushed Brendan into the apartment and the three other officers flooded in. 

Opal was terrified, she kept asking Brendan where Zoe was but she was ignored. When the Police shoved Brendan and came inside everything erupted. Three cops surrounded her, while Detective Hammel stared dagger her way. She kept glancing around looking for Zoe, while Adam cried even louder. "BRENDAN WHERE'S ZOE!?!?" she yelled once again ignored, only this time she was told to calm down by two voice she barely registered. "My daughter is missing" she tried to explain. "Ma'am calm down" a voice said again. "I NEED TO GET MY BABY" Opal replied, with Adam screaming, Brendan arguing, and Zoe missing she didn't know what to do. She looked around in panic, the voice got louder but she had no idea what it was saying. 

"FUCKING CALM DOWN OR I WILL PUT YOU DOWN" there was the voice again, was it Brendan,Hammel, Cop 1. The walls were closing , her breathing became erratic, her pulse was through the roof, and her daughter was still missing. Until she heard the unmistakable sound of Zoe's shuffling she was crawling to Brendan but was in danger of being trampled by the cop arguing with him. "BRENDAN BEHIND YOU" without thought and with her hands high Opal took one step towards Brendan.

BANG!!!! Brendan turned to see Opal falling to the ground, he searched for the culprit and saw the shocked newbie from before pointing a gun at his wife.