Here come Trouble

Opal was going crazy with fear. She called her mother the moment the police took Brendan. Understanding the severity of the situation her mom came to watch the kids while Opal sped to the police station. "I can't believe this is happening" Opal chanted to herself on the way to the station. She found the nearest parking she could and ran into the building; it wasn't until the lady at the front desk told her that he was in question that she calmed down. ' This will all be cleared up soon' Opal thought to herself, 'Right' her doubt started to break through."I want my lawyer," Brendan said for the tenth time, but he doubted he was getting through to Detective Gerron, which wasn't surprising since this was the same fucker who used to bring him in when he was a teen. "Brendan, it's me just tell me the truth, and you can go home." Gerron played good cop while his associate Detective Hamel paced the room foaming at the mouth. "Fuck off; I want my lawyer." Brendan refused to engage. "Little shit" Hamel commented. Time had not been kind to either man, but Hamel was showing his age. His once brilliant brown skin was starting to look leathery and worn, and his dark black flat top and bushy handlebar mustache held more salt than pepper. His brown eyes still kept the same uncompromising fury and his gym days weren't behind him though; his stocky 5'9 stature was still muscular. Gerron, on the other hand, was more invested in donuts than physical fitness. He was a tall man at least 6'2, but no height could hide that ponchy belly. His once full head of hair was gone, but those tricky baby blue eyes could convince you he was on your side. Hell, they tricked Brendan before, but he wasn't a scared teen anymore."Um, ma'am any news on Brendan Manfred?" Opal asked again after sitting in the waiting room for an hour in the waiting room. "No Mrs. Manfred" The officer shot Opal an annoyed glance. "Okay thank you" Opal slunk back to her chair, avoiding the stares from other's waiting to hear about their loved ones. Opal stepped outside to let her mother know that she was going to have to take the kids to daycare. "I don't care what you have to do get him to confess. We finally got that fucker." Opal overheard a cop speaking on the phone. Opal felt a strange sense of dread overtake her, so before calling anyone, she contacted Brendan's Lawyer."How long are we going to play this game, Brendan," Hamel asked irritated. "How long does it take to get me a damn phone.?" Brendan knew they were stalling, and he wasn't so eager to get back to Opal and the kids he would play along. "What you need a lawyer for we are having a nice conversation?" Gerron played coy. "Brendan doesn't say shit" George came to the rescue. "No problem" Brendan smiled "Gerron, Hamel" George spoke with malice, he knew my history with these men and had my back. "George" They replied in unison. "You guys have royally fucked up, now we can do this the easy way, and you can let my client go. Or we could do this fun way, where I rip you assholes apart with litigations and technicalities. What's it going to be gentlemen?" George smirked at the pissed off detectives, and Brendan knew he was going home."Opal, baby, stop pacing" Opal heard Brendan's voice and stopped in her tracks. "Baby, oh my God I was so worried." Opal hugged Brendan and checked for any bruises or signs of abuse. "I'm okay, O I promise." Brendan assured her "By the way thanks for calling George, those dickheads were trying to avoid getting me a lawyer." Brendan motioned over to George who was chatting up a beautiful Brown skinned woman, with noticeable vitiligo patches. She was going into the back with cuffs on so apparently she was trouble. Yet the fear in her eyes told Opal a different story, and the lust in George's eyes spoke volumes. "What was that all about anyway?" Opal asked ready for some answers. "Come on I'll tell you over breakfast, thanks George" Brendan shook Georges' hand promised him a week of free meals and left holding Opal's hand."You're kidding me, they found Meth in your restaurant" Opal stopped eating Brendan's amazing waffles. "Allegedly, but I don't fuck with that shit. Nobody on my staff would ever do that." Brendan was positive someone was setting him up. "Man, that's crazy. George took care of it right?" Opal hoped this was just an unpleasant bump in the road. "Yeah, for the most part. The restaurant is under investigation. So until this is cleared were closed up. I had to give my staff paid leave. "Brendan's face was calmer than he actually was, while his staff was getting paid regardless of the closing he hated to put them out of a job. "So I guess you're a stay at home daddy huh?" Opal teased. "Ha ha real funny. I'm going to do a youtube channel. I always wanted to but was busy, so here's my chance." Brendan corrected. "Aww you would be a cute stay at home daddy. You could even wear some sexy yoga tights" Opal flexed her eyebrows suggestively. " No way, now get going to work before your late." Brendan shooed Opal out the door. Opal had been late only once in her career, now thanks to some trigger happy cops she was late again. "Sorry, I'm late" Opal burst into her office hoping to see Maria. "Hello, Opal" a deep voice answered her. Opal saw her arch nemesis sitting in her chair. "Raheim, what are you doing here?" Opal asked through gritted teeth. 'Why did he have to look so damn good?' She thought to herself. He was a 6'2 olive-skinned black haired Middle eastern man, with shoulder length black hair, green eyes, and a killer smile. He had a lean build, but you can tell he wasn't a pushover. "I work here now? I saw that your clinic needed help and wanted to lend a hand" He smirked, doing dangerous things to Opal's body. Opal wish she could say she was immune to his charm, but it has been a good while since her last fucking session."I look forward to getting to know you again" Raheim smiled 'I'm in trouble' Opal gulped.