Uh that's kinda Gross

"Tom It's been a really long time," I say to the older man now, the man that I once knew as a young boy, full of life and ready to become a knight for his kingdom.

"you haven't changed a bit seer, I'm glad that time has been kind to you as well" he says says he pets Bronx by the river but I sense the man is here for other reasons.

"Father"

"It's the archmage"

I wake with a start breathing heavy, reviewing my scattered vision in my head, the eggs, Tom, How is any of this possible. Before I can dwell on the Vision longer I see the others setting Goliath down in the recliner bandage which makes my heart drop.

"What happened?"

"We tried to stop the pack from robbing a bank but they hit Goliath pretty bad," Lex says making me look to Red slightly annoyed "You didn't wake me up for patrol?"

"I tried but you were dead passed out, no waking you" he says making me sigh, I could have stopped this whole thing if I wasn't having that damn vision.

"It's time to choose a second in command," Hudson says making me raise an eyebrow "someone to take your place if the worst is to come". "If one day I can not lead, you shall take my place," the purple gargoyle says but Hudson just shakes his head " No lad, you were my second in command, it's best to move forward not backward".

"you have 4 hearty warriors here to choose from and choose you must," Hudson says making Goliath nod "I must think about this" goliath then leans back ready to rest from the injuries he took on tonight.

taking Brooklyn hand I lead him out to the balcony "Let's do something fun tonight, I know with Goliath injured that it may not be the best time but let's do something just the two of us".

Red smiles still holding my hand "I'd like that very much"

We took off and headed to the beach where to be honest, is my favorite spot, it's most beautiful right at sunset or sunrise but at night it is still equally astounding, hearing the waves against the sand bed is just calming when in such a stressful life.

Red and I bought some pretzels on the pier in our own way and walked down the beach linked arm in arm.

"do you think it's time to make whatever this is official" I suggest looking at him my heart pounding waiting for his response

"I do, humans I think to call a casual relationship with one another boyfriend and girlfriend but with gargoyles"

"you're kind of just mates I know," I say "But Red, you know what we have will last, Gargoyles bond for life, well most of the time," I say thinking about Goliath and Demona, how they're relationship ended horribly but Goliath now has Elisa and though they haven't spoken about their feelings it's obviously there.

"when Goliath is back on his feet, we can ask for his opinion" he suggests making me nod "gargoyle traditions and human traditions are difficult to intertwine"

Brooklyn laughs agreeing with me "Oh I bought this film camera from a store, let's take a photo" the red gargoyle point the lens at us as I rest my hand on his chest and smile towards the lens seeing the flash.

that wonderful night was a month ago and after that, all three boys had suddenly become obnoxious with the whole idea of second in command. with Brooklyn being coaky and trying to win the title there hadn't been much time for us, which is fine you know not everything is about us but it's annoying.

I sit on the ledge with the boys behind me listening in on their conversation, "Time for the nightly demonstration of my leadership skills" lex says making me roll my eyes "speed is the key"