Your Daughter's A mess

So today's the last day before winter break and Jade is so sick these days.

We were in class and I was explaining the lesson, she looked like she wanted to just close her eyes and sleep right there. But she resisted and looked at me with her sleepy eyes.

"Okay class..just read the next page and then you can do whatever you want..." I said as I sat grading some papers.

I saw her head about to fall so I just kinda ran to her and picked her head. She gasped as she sat up and sighed.

"What's wrong babygirl??.." I whispered in her ear.

She shook her head and gave me her weakest smile. "Are you sick?!.." I frowned.

She nodded and I took her to my office and made her lay on the couch. I kissed her forehead then her lips. "You need to rest..you shouldn't have come to school.." I frowned.

"I just don't wanna stay home..it's depressing..all alone...last year I had my mom and dad with me..they used to take care of me and give me my medicines..but now I don't have anybody..they left me..they all left me..even Stephanie didn't contact me for weeks..goddamn it..." she said as she closed her eyes.

"I'm here..I'm with you...I'll take care of you and love you..don't worry...Stop worrying about life..you're way too young for that..baby...calm down..me and Megan are here when you need anything. Just rest..you need to rest so you can get better." I cupped her face as she looked at me.

She rested on the couch and nodded. "I'm going back to class for 10 minutes until the bell rings and come back to you, okay?.."

She nodded.
I went to class and continued grading papers. The bell rang and I dismissed them and went to her.

She was breathing heavily and trying to get up. "Baby...lay back down..!" I said as I locked the door.

She sighed and threw back her head on the couch.

"You have 2 more classes and I'll take you to my house ok?..just try to not close your eyes..you're gonna sleep and it may be dangerous cause your temperature's high.." I said.

The door was knocked and I sat on my chair and told whoever was there to come in.

"Hello Miss Smith..Umm..Mrs.fox gave me these papers to give you..Jade?.." Vanessa came in.

I took the papers and Vanessa went to Jade and held her hand.
"Jade what's wrong?.." she frowned.

"She's a little sick..she has fever and she needs to rest for a bit.." I said not looking at her.

"Oh..ok.." she stood up and kissed her cheek then left.

Megan came in after a while and gasped at the sight of Jade.
"Awwwee..What happened?!.." she locked the door and sat next to Jade who was sleeping.

"She's sick.." I said.

Megan held her into her arms and hugged her. "Jadey..do you need any medicine, I can get you some from the nurse.."

"No.." Jade said as she wrapped her arms around Megan and rested her head on her shoulder.

Megan left and I looked at Jade and came to her slowly. "Baby.." I said.

She opened her eyes and smiled at me. She always smiles..and that's what I love about her the most. Her smile. After all she's been through, she just smiles.

I sat next to her and took her hand. "Let's go home..you can't stay here anymore." I held her hand all the way to my car. Everyone was staring but we didn't care. She rubbed her eyes with her other hand and gave them a death stare as they stared at us.