Chapter 9

©mugiichan, 2014

Vivid Past

***

"Oh my gosh! This is so magnificent!" Aubrey squealed with excitement as she's scrutinizing the painting. "It was perfect! Hindi nga ako nagkamaling hanapin kayo and I just don't know how to thank you, guys. You were just so awesome!"

Apat na araw naming natapos ang painting ni Fiona sa coffee shop ni Aubrey and by her actions, she really does like it and so does her husband. Tamang-tama lang bago ito maibukas sa publiko.

"How should we thank you, Saab and Fiona?" Christian murmurs. "You don't want to accept the payment for the painting."

"It's okay, Aubrey and Christian." I smiled. "We do have a great time staying here with you two. You don't need to pay us back."

"Saab is right! It was our pleasure to help you on your new business." Fiona giggles.

"Okay fine." Aubrey pouts. "Ganito na lang, if you need anything just make a call here. We owe you much, alright?"

"Nah, you two don't owe anything." I said. "Just think of it as our late wedding gift."

"Its more than enough for a wedding gift!" Aubrey snorted. "Basta! You should call me if you need anything. Okay!" Ayan na naman siya, hindi na naman magpapatalo. Gusto talaga nya sa kanya ang pabor.

"Just take care of your baby and that would be fine." I winked to Aubrey sabay hagod sa belly nya.

"Okay, fine." She murmurs and frowns. Christian pulls her wife's waist gently and said. "Don't frown, cara. I don't want my baby boy to be ugly."

"As if my baby's a boy!" she snorted.

"Correction cara, it's ours." He smiles at his wife. "You will never have that baby without me." I saw Aubrey's cheeks turn scarlet. It was embarrasing but still, I find them sweet and cute. Ganito kaya rin kami ni Shaun kung nangyari ang kasal?

We giggled. They were just too sweet that I couldn't almost handle and that moment, I remembered that saturday night with Shaun.

It was already six o'clock at night and was stucked on the office reviewing those plans for final assesment. Kanina pa sumasakit ang ulo ko sa mga draft na tsine-tsek ko dito sa autocad.

"Ma'am Saab mauuna na po ako sa inyo. Sigurado po ba kayo na wala na kayong kailangan?" Saad ng sekretarya kong si Mika.

"Wala na, Mika. You can go ahead. Tatapusin ko na lang tong drafts." I murmured. "You have a great night!"

"Kayo rin po." She smiles and leaves my office. Ako na lang ata ang naiwan dito sa firm. Actually, gusto ko nang umuwi at matulog kaya nga lang, nabo-bother ako nito kay gusto ko nang matapos kahit isa lang. Tatambay lang naman kasi yang laptop ko pag sa condo ko 'yan tatapusin. I really have to double check everything and I am too engrossed looking at my screen when I heared footsteps inside my office.

"Oh my gosh!" I screamed out as a little young boy entered my office. It was Mika's son. "Oh, I'm sorry little one. Did I freak you out?"

"No, I just want to give this coffee for you." His little cute voice made me smile. Englishero pala tong anak ni Mika. "Aww this is nice. Thank you baby." I stood up from my swivel chair and kneeled on the baby boy handling a coffee cup with a paper sleeve for me.

"My name is Martin and I'm not a baby anymore." He murmurs and I chuckled as I got the coffee from his little hands.

"Okay, Martin I'm not gonna call you a baby okay? You're finding your mom?" I asked.