Chapter 56

©️mugiichan, 2018

Basket of Unexpressed Feelings

***

"What did you do to Saab?!" The next thing I knew, halmeoni's hand landed on Shaun's cheeks. "What did you do to my granddaughter!"

"Halmeoni!" I stood up from my chair weakly. Fiona asks me to stay still but that didn't matter. "Halmeoni, I'm fine, okay? Please calm down..."

"I want you to tell me what did you do to my granddaughter, young man!" Halmeoni spat angrily. "Do not tell me when to calm down, Saab Cathriona." She points at me trying to shut me up while she's still looking at Shaun. Shaun said nothing. He was just there, standing being looked by everyone around us.

I ignored my grandmother's wishes. I know she is trying to protect me but I don't need to be protected against Shaun or anyone else. "Halmeoni. C-can we just discuss this quietly, please. I don't want you to get hurt. Look, I'm fine halmeoni. See?" I smiled weakly as she looked at me on a split second then she raged her anger to Shaun, hitting him with her fists. "What did you do to my Saab?! What did you do?!" She whimpered. Shaun just crossed his arms trying not to get hurt neither halmeoni. They are all trying to restrain halmeoni from raging her anger to Shaun. Everyone is looking at us, and seconds later a security personel asked us what's happening and if they could help us with anything. I looked at Shaun and mouthed him to leave the area, where halmeoni couldn't see him anymore.

After halmeoni was already calmed down, we went down the hall to look for Thaddeus' room. I was about to join them but I changed my mind and told Fiona that I'll be out for a while. I needed to talk to Shaun.

"I know you needed to talk to him." Fiona mumbles.

"I considered him a special person in my life, Fion. I should apologize to him at least."

"You don't need to apologize to Shaun and I know he's that special person. But Saab, let me remind you that it's not your fault, okay? It's never your fault, whatever reasons you may have. You know what, just go. I know and I understand that you need this and I'll see you later, okay? I still need those stories. You owe me them, alright? I rolled my eyes at her before leaving.

***

"Hey." I sat beside Shaun on the one of the seats in the waiting area. He was there, silently fidgeting with his fingers.

"Hi." He looked at me and gave a weak smile. "Why are you here? Were you supposed to be at his room? You've not seen him for a week."

"I need to talk to you. A-about what happened there earlier. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be." He reached for my hand and intertwined it with his. "It's not your fault, Saab. I know halmeoni is angry about me, what I did to you. I left you at our wedding, I broke your heart, I never told you where I've been, I made you lose your mind because of me. I promised you to have you as my wife and give you a family but I failed you because of my own interest. You even dropped all the lawsuit charges of my parents in which you don't even have to. You even stayed with me after all the horrible things I have done. How could she be fine for that? I completely understand why she did that to me."

"I already forgave you for all the things you did, Shaun and I think you don't deserve to be treated like that." I reassured him. "We might have few misunderstandings but I am happy that I chose to be with you for these past months and in those times good or bad, I realize that I can still able to forgive and accept the reality."