Chapter 28

©mugiichan, 2015

Untold

***

Thaddeus

I was still in contact with Saab when I heard that familiar voice calling my undivided attention, making me waver. I didn't even thought we looked in the same direction at the same time. And, talking in the same time too. Franchesca was there, standing in the doorway, looking at me intently, seeking some explanation from me.

"Thaddeus?" She calls my name once more, making me awake to reality. There's a hint of confusion in her voice as she pinpoints us, alternatively. "What are you two... d-doing?"

"Ma..." I called her, dropped my hands from where it was and sighed as I walked in front of her and greet her with a kiss on both cheeks. She was still in a confused look, still eyeing on me. I also heard Saab's stuttering voice as she greets my mother. I was about to explain when my sister and my brother-in-law walked into the room, greeting my mother as well.

"Mommy! You're here! Glad you came!" She giggled as she lean and kiss our mom in her cheek. Such a childish act for a twenty seven year old woman. I murmured inside my head. "Kanina pa ako tawag nang tawag sa inyo sa bahay at sa office. Saan ba kayo nanggaling?" Fiona looked at me and to Saab interchangeably. Maybe she noticed mom's stares between me and Saab. "Oh, what's with you two?" She asked, confusingly.

Saab just shook her head and I looked at her, saying. "There's nothing in particular for you to know about, Fiona. Stop staring at us like we did something wrong." I noticed her cheeks blushed lightly as she passed Angelo to my brother-in-law.

"I didn't stare that way. I'm just confused. Don't feel so guilty, brother dear." She shot back, and looked back to mom. "So where have you been along, mom?"

"Out somewhere to buy something for my Angelo, dear." She smiles at Fiona, but still beaming at me. "Thaddeus, you still didn't answer my question. Should you?"

"Ma, it's out of your business. Out of everyone's business! Okay? And please, can't you just stop your eyes beaming at me?" I said, smugly. "It irritates the sh-t out of me."

"Thaddeus, watch your words!" Mom gave me a deadly glare, more like throwing daggers on me yet, I am so full of their endless bugging about that matter! My ears are so tired of hearing those never ending questions. Nevertheless, I never talked back again to mom, making her calm her nerves quite a little but she still making her sermon. "Hindi kita pinalaking bastos!"

"Then something happened right in here, right kuya?" She gleams in excitement, didn't even care of my feeling when discussing this matter. "Oh, let's ask Saab too!" Then she looked at her with all the smile in her face, seeking answers from her. Why is everyone curious about everything? Can't they just stop asking and seeking about my personal life? Its been years and years since they bug me about my life especially my relationships. Relationships, they are always and always carry big responsibilities... They are just headaches... with most likely, trust issues.

She just smiled back, didn't say any word and all of the sudden, she glances at me and looked away afterwards. Seriously, Saab? What's with that weird action? And, what's with her, glancing?

All of the sudden they all averted their eyes on me and, they gave me another beaming stare. They need an answer, of course. Damn, lord. "And now what?" I narrowed my eyes back at them. This is more annoying than I thought. But still, this is quite better than staying in Thailand, tangling with Margaux.

"Oh nothing, Thad. I just want to talk to you. Something came into my mind, just really now. Would you mind?" Then she look at my sister and asked, "Can we use your garden by the pool side, dear?"