❅ 22 ❅

walking into the cullen home felt like a dream come true, after months of being away, she missed the warm and cozy atmosphere of the house, especially how the sun hits it just perfectly.

walking in, she smiled, closing her eyes blissfully as she gripped bella's arm, still weak from her prior arrangement.

"are you okay jay?" bella startled jay from her moment, causing jay's crystal blue eyes to land on her friend. jay smiled, it was a soft smile, one you give when you have happiness that you're to shy to show.

"just, taking everything in again."

after sitting down with a cup of tea, jay finally turned towards the young child who was clutching her fathers shirt.

"i have yet to formally meet you child." renesmee looked up at her dad, who nodded, before she walked over, lifting her hand and gently placed it on jay's cheek. jay's smile grew large as renesmee slowly pulled away.

"ah, you remind me of my brother, jakiel. he would be very fond of you. he has a power much like yours." renesmee's eyes sparkled as she took in what jay said.

"really?" he voice were like soft wind chimes, making jay smile at the soothing tone of the small child.

"ah yes, he is known as the angel of the past, he can show you any past memory of anyone, a bit more advanced then yours, but i'm sure with time, i can help you grow your power dear, of course, with permission." jay smiled softly. renesmee bounces, nodding her head rapidly before hugging jay, being mindful of the pain she was clearly feeling. renesmee soon climbed onto the couch next to jay, and snuggled into her side.

"ohh she's much like you bella!" jay beamed, looking at her smiling best friend, before turning towards lucifer.

lucifer say the underlying message in her eyes, and nodded. jay sighed before placing a soft hand on renesmee's head.

"alright, now it's time for my explanation correct?"

sorry for the filler, just thought i should give jay and renesmee some soft bonding time, the next few chapters will be filled with descriptions of torture, please, if triggered easily, preceded with caution.

i will try not to make 18 chapters just of jay explaining what happened while she was gone, but be prepared for some long dialogue from her, and a lot of flash backs.

thank you for all of your support and see you next chapter

- jae