❅ 06 ❅

"so this is it." bella murmured as she looked around, the chill winter weather causing a sharp shiver to run down her spine. she sighed, looking over at edward he nodded.

two figures glided from the tree line, staring bella and edward down.

"riley, she's using you." edward started, before it was a verbal fight with victoria and edward, riley glancing between the two.

and then riley attacked, rushing forward as edward prepared, only to be thrown away by seth. edward proceeded to taunt victoria, getting her to attack him rather then run away.

it went downhill from there, edwards head was close to being torn off as seth was quickly losing his fight with riley. bella grabbed a rock, and brought it to her arm, and just as she was about to slice her pure skin, a pale, freckled hand stopped her, gently taking the rock away.

"no bloodshed." the voice was soft, like wind chimes. it was too familiar.

"jay-" bella gasped, looking up into her friends blue eyes. they had faded, turned a pale blue, her pupil a slit, one like a cat.

"no bloodshed." jay repeated softly. she lifted her hand, and snapped, the small movement causing a gush of wind to knock riley and victoria away from seth and edward, then pinning them to the snowy ground .

"sorry i'm late, dear bella, i had to grab some things." jay smiled as bella stared slight behind jay, more so at the large appendages gently swaying in the air.

large white wings.

"jay?" edward mumbled, looking at the pale girl. jay nodded his way, waving slightly, before she brought her attention to the snarling 'vampires'

"it's sick of you to impersonate vampires, makes you seem even more demonic then you already are, dark ones." the snarls stopped as the two glared at jay. bella feared jay would whimper or flinch, but when she looked at jays face, all she saw was her calm expression, even a slight smile.

"trying to make the gods even more angrier at my brother nearly worked. however, rogues are easier to see." victoria cackled.

"man if only, we'd really like it if hell was free, imagine all the souls." jay growled, startling both bella and edward.

"jay what is-"

"shush now." jay mumbled, looking over at bella who was standing next to her.

"i must complete my mission."

"mission?" edward mumbled. jay nodded, before looking back over at her trapped enemies.

"you're weak, must be because your using host that cannot consume souls, poor judgement in your behalf. i guess i'll quickly put you out of your misery, yes?" within seconds, however, victoria got lose and attacked jay straight on, causing edward and bella to shout out.

jay only sighed and pushed victoria away, sending her a few meters away.

"sad." jay mumbled before she stretched out her hand, snow flying into her palm as the cold substance slowly formed a sword, with blue flames licking the metal looking blade.

"the sword of Jael." edward muttered. jay smirked, eyes gleaming.

"you must read a lot edward." jay jested, before snapping her eyes to the snarling 'vampires' once more.

"let's play." jay smirked, flashing in front of victoria as she sliced at the demonic being.

victoria's body paused, before crumbling like dust. jay smirked.

"she'll burn in hell for weeks before her existence is eradicated. now you." jay glared at riley, who was still struggling.

"so young." jay mumbled before slowly walking towards the squirming dark one.

"lights out." jay mumbled before bringing her sword down.

"jay-"

but she paused. looking at her stomach.

a sword similar to her own, but a dark black and red, was pierced through her stomach. a golden liquid began leaving her body as she choked.

finishing the job, she sliced her own sword down at the smirking vampire, watching his life fade and crumble.

jay staggered as his body disappeared.

bella cried out as she rushed forward, catching jay as she fell, and setting her down gently, being mindful of her wings.

"hey! jay you gotta stay with me." bella whimpered. edward landed on jay's other side, trying his best to keep jay awake.

"you're jael, the angel guardian of winter and lost souls." edward stayed, looking at jays full eyes. jay smiled weakly.

"you do read huh." she joked, coughing a bit.

"you'll be alright jay, carlisle can help you and you'll be able to take me shopping again, like old times.

"my life is over with dear." jay said sadly, looking into bella's watery eyes.

"my mission was to protect a lost soul, of the name Isabella Marie Swan. i completed it, with consequences." jay said looking sadly at bella.

"so i was just a mission."

"no you weren't, at least, not anymore." jay mumbled. she placed her hand on bella's cheek, her other grasping edwards hand.

"i was closed off for years, eons, because my baby brother was wrongfully casted out of our home. i hated humans, the beings the gods created, i hated how they cause me to lose my baby brother. however, as i stayed near you, i grew fond of the human world and its creatures. i grew fond of your family and the cullens." jay explained, coughing a bit.

"i didn't want to leave once my mission was done, and i had planned to stay. however..." jay trailed off as she looked at the sword still imbedded in her stomach.

"i seemed to have been playing with fate." jay weakly stated as she looked back towards bella's watery brown eyes.

"do me a favour bella swan." bella nodded rapidly as she look at jay.

"anything jay, anything." jay smiled. looking over at edward as well.

"stay with him, and never forget what fun we had together." jay smiled softly. bella nodded as she let out a quiet sob.

"please don't leave." jay kept her soft smile.

"i love you bella, you were the big sister i had always wanted." bella's cried were louder.

"take this." suddenly, a necklace appeared in jay's hand.

"it is mine, it can help ward away dark ones, and if my brother were to come across you, he'd help you with anything." jay choked out. bella nodded, taking the necklace and slipping it on.

it was a simple silver chain, with a pale blue crystal on it, with jay's name, jael, carved in it.

"goodbye bella, goodbye edward." jay mumbled, her eyes looking straight up at the sky. her hands went limp as her eyes faded to a pure white, her wings curling up a bit.

"jay." bella mumbled, hands scrambling to grasp jay's cold ones.

"jay no please. jay no!" bella cried out, sobs coming in full force as edward pulled her into a strong hug.

"no!"