❅ 12 ❅

bella swore she saw the pale face of jay. her screams that filled the air was muffled by her own ears as the only thing her eyes concentrated on was the angelic being in front of her, smiling gently.

bella swore she spoke to her. bella swore that she heard jay mutter a few words before her own screaming stoped.

"i'm so proud of you bella." those words engraved themselves in her mind as she turned her head towards her bloodied husband, holding a bloody child in his arms.

he smiled right at her, darkened eyes boring into her dull brown eyes.

"it's renesme." edward mumbled, handing the crying child to bella. the dying mother smiled as best as she could, but it dropped when the now quiet baby bit her, before crying even more.

young renesme was quickly taken away, and bella looked over to where she saw jay, where she swore she saw jay.

she wasn't there.

the cold hard truth, alone with her weak body and the eyes of her lover and best friend on her body, reassured her as she faded away, her conscious shutting down.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

jacob was furious, rushing out as he growled at his old pack.

"stop! if you kill her you kill me."

sam didn't listen, attacking jacob, jacob shifted himself, sending his message through the wolf link.

"jacob imprinted." edward mumbled.

"they can't hurt her. it's their most important law."

and the wolf pack walked away.