Chapter 18

That moment when you make promises that you can't keep. Sorry guys I have an average of about 5 zoom meetings a day all an hour long soooooo, haven't had a lot of time to really write anything.

Well today was the day Ash dreaded for most. After hanging out all week with his family and getting an A on the project he and Serena were supposed to do, he had to get ready for his day out with the girls.

He groaned as he was awoken to a call at ten o'clock in the morning, expecting it to be Mallow he responded as he always would to her. 

"Sup," He said acting like he had been awake a while now.

"Sup, yourself." He paused, it was Serena.

"Hey Serena, didn't expect you to call this early." He said.

"This early? It's ten o'clock all ready Ash! Literally we're all ready and you haven't even gotten up yet?" She exploded.

"Geez calm down your starting to sound like Mallow now." He groaned.

"Well hurry up k? We can't have you breaking promises now." Ash could feel her smile from the other side of the phone. He was starting to feel hot again. It started to become an issue whenever he talked to her.

They hung up the phone and Ash went to go grab something to eat. His whole family was already out of the house, but they left him a note. 

"All out of food honey! We went to get more, but we'll be home a little late because we wanted to go site seeing some more. Love Mom." 

He had to read the first sentence twice. No food?! That's like telling Ash he had to wake up at seven in the morning everyday for the rest of his life!

He may or may not have had tears in his eyes as he put on his clothes and started off to the spot Serena picked they would all meet up.

He used his phone as a GPS in order to find his way there. Was this it? He had been looking down the entire time that he didn't see the giant mall right in front of him.

"Don't tell me-" He was cut off by people calling his name. This was the place all right.

"Ash! Over here!" Mallow called.

Quickly he pretended not to here them calling as he started walking a different way. Hoping they would think he didn't see him. 

Not a chance...

He took 5 steps before he was tackled.

"Hey get off of me Mallow!" He yelled.

"Don't think you can just walk away from us." She smirked. "Come on there are some good deals in there."

He sighed, knowing there was no escaping this.

After about four straight hours of shopping they finally took a break for lunch.

***

As Ash was eating his sixth bowl of ramen, seriously someone get him a doctor, Serena spotted someone in the food court.

Shopping was going great, Serena found some nice sweaters and skirts. 

Anyways back to the person in the food court. It was Miette, it's been a while since she last saw her.

When Miette first came to the school, Serena and the gang tried to be friendly and all, but it was clear they were on Miette's bad side right away.

It wasn't that Serena had done anything mean to her, she just happened to rub her the wrong way.

She was always making comments about Serena being a study nerd and having no social life. Sometimes Serena wanted to just smack her, but having a fight on her record was not going to help her become a perfect student.

Unfortunately, Serena stared too long and lo and behold, the blunette spotted her from across the food court, it wasn't a pretty sight either as pure sparks of hatred flashed through her eyes.

Serena couldn't really think of why Miette had to hate her. Then a light bulb hit.

Flashback

"Hey Ash what's up?" Miette causally asked.

"Nothing much, I'm kinda hungry some I'm gonna head to the cafeteria now." He responded.

Serena had overheard them talking, not on purpose, she was just at the right spot at the right time. 

"Someday he's going to be all mine!" Miette said dreamily. 

However Serena decided to envy her a little too much as she quickly walked behind the raven-haired boy and smiled at him, and while he smiled back, Serena may or may not have smirked back to Miette. 

Since that day, Miette has had nothing, but pure hatred for Serena.

End of Flashback

Yup, now Serena got it. Maybe she was in a bad mood that day, she really couldn't remember what exactly what happened that day, but she knew she messed up bad.

Maybe if I apologize we can be friends. Serena thought excitedly.

Besides what could possibly go wrong?

Let me just say something right now, to answer the question above, about a thousand things. That being said, I don't know which of the thousand is going to happen in the next chapter.

Sorry once again for not uploading in like 7 years. But thanks so much for reading, make sure you comment and vote so I know you guys like it and will update more!

Love you all and keep reading!