Chapter 5

Ash's POV
"No stop please!" I cried out. It doesn't matter, he took them away. Why, why, why. I stood there motionless.

"Ash!" She cried out, but there was nothing I could do. Helpless as she was, she was dragged off never to be seen again.

I woke up, my heart beating rapidly I was out of breath gasping for air. I kneeled over and cried coughing and wheezing. Remembering that horrible day.

When I lost my family...

That dream keeps coming back every night and I wish I could make it stop. But there's nothing I can do, I can't move or anything.

I glance at my clock, 3:00 a.m. it read. School starts in 5 hours, I decided to get up anyways, it's not like I'll be able to fall asleep anyways.

I go downstairs to play some video games, when my phone buzzes. I check it and it's a text from an unknown number.

"Hey," it read, "if you want to know what happened to your family come to the train station at 7:00 a.m."

I stared at my phone stunned what would this guy know about my family. Also my family was dead, unless. I didn't finish that thought because Gary called me.

"Yo Ash." He said.

"Gary what the frick are you doing calling me at 3 fricken a.m.?" I scream.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to play some 2k." He replied.

"Why would I play 2k at 3:00 in the morning?" I yell again.

"Because your already on." He stated calmly.

"Oh, well then fine, but I'm still gonna kick your butt."

Of course I win cause Gary sucks.

By the time it's 6:30 I haven't lost a single game, then I remember I have somewhere to be.

I tell Gary goodbye and head off to the train station.

It's 6:45, but I see a young guy about 21 standing there.

"Are you Ash Ketchum?" He asked.

"I am."

"So you want to know about your family don't you?"

"They're my family so of course." I reply.

"Well when your mother was dragged away by Giovanni, he didn't kill her, instead he let her work off her fines and leave." He said. "Also your older brother Red and Leaf are still alive, but sadly I don't know where they are."

"Are you sure they're alive, I saw Giovanni shoot them." I said.

"Kid, I would believe you too, but I saw Red with my own eyes, and he says his sister and mother are well. His mother and sister are now together."

"That's incredible, do you know where I can find them?" I said hope in my voice.

"I'm sorry kid, but I don't know where they are, but come here every week and I'll give you an update."

"OK, but I gotta go school is starting soon." I say as I get up and leave. To think that my family could still be alive makes me actually want to go to school.

Serena's POV

The day was no different than any other day of the week. I'm still dating Calem and I'm still getting A's so life is fine I guess. As walk into Bio I realize I have this class with the new kid, or well I guess old kid, but whatever.

The teacher told us we were going to be in groups of 4 today while we study the forms of metamorphosis.

Luckily Calem and I are together with Mallow, and......

The new kid....