Chapter 10

Serena woke up as her alarm clock rang. She looked at the time, she was late! She threw on some clothes and bolted over to school.

When she arrived she saw that she didn't grab breakfast or pack a lunch. She sighed as she reached behind her phone case to a secret stash of money she kept for emergencies.

She went to the cafeteria to grab an iced coffee and she sat down and took a breather.

Following this she looked for Mallow and the others. They were in the usual spot, the S-Class hangout.

Unlike the other students the S-Class hadto take challenging Math and Science courses. They only had this class once a week but were given plenty of homework.

While students went to their first and second hours the S-Class get to relax in a place that was specifically reserved for them.

As Serena walked in she scanned the room.

Dawn, Mallow, Lillie, Lana, May, Misty, and Iris were already there.

There 9 total S-Class students including herself.

Wait a minute...

Where was Ash?

---------------------------------------------------------

If he hurried he could make it, he saw the school about two blocks away. He thought back to what happened earlier.

RINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the? Why are you ringing? Ash thought as he grabs his alarm clock and throws it at the wall. The clock shatters, but all Ash knows is that there is peace and quiet.

But something was wrong, why did a noise that was supposed to wake him up be going off on a Sunday?

Unless.....

The thought hit him quick as he woke up and bolted for school also forgetting to pack a lunch and eat breakfast.

A/N: Technically both Ash and Serena could sleep in because they don't have class the first two hours, but there is a certain time line the school allows students to get in. So Ash has to beat the security guard who closes it....

How stupid was he that he launched his alarm clock at the wall knowing very well that he needed get himself to school before....

As that thought crossed his mind he saw the security guard walking towards the gate of the school with the key in his hand.

Ash summoned the last bit of energy he had and bolted for the gate. It looked like the security guard saw him running.

He saw an evil grin on the security guards face. Suddenly the guard also made a run for the gate.

This son of a.... Ash thought as he ran even faster. Someone must've spilled this guy's coffee to put him in such a bad mood.

It was a close race but Ash beat the security guard by two steps at best. He looked at his watch, just in time!

He headed over to the S-Class room exhausted.

He opened the room and saw everyone already there.

He went over to the couch and took a nap, while all the girls sweat dropped. What a morning it had been...

---------------------------------------------------------

Serena went to lunch after finishing third hour. Remembering she didn't bring a lunch she found herself right behind Ash Ketchum himself in line.

He smiled. "Hey Serena,"

"Hey Ash." She said back.

They continue to have a conversation as they finished ordering. Today was pasta day in the cafeteria. Serena ordered fettuccine Alfredo while Ash for spaghetti.

As they went to their separate tables, Serena saw Calem not looking happy when Serena sat down.

"What were you talking about?" Calem asked.

"What do you mean?" Serena answered.

"What were you and Ash talking about?"

"Nothing, we're friends, Calem quit freaking out." Serena snapped eating her lunch.

"Just don't talk to him, I don't want you to be around him.?

"Why Calem? I'm just trying to be friends with other people? Can I not choose the people who I want to be friends with?" Serena exploded, drawing looks from people around them.

Calem couldn't answer this he looked kind of shocked. With that he left the table.

---------------------------------------------------------

Oops... did I make their relationship wobble a bit? :)
***
Hope you guys enjoyed this part of the story it seems as though Serena may be looking past Camel a bit.

***
Let me know in the comments how you guys felt about the chapter, also I have a big role for both Calem and Miette to play later in the book. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about her yet...

***
Make sure you guys vote and to whoever comments I'll respond to them as well. Thank you all sooooo much!