Chapter Fourty-Four

Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.

~Dale Evans

"Phil, get up!"

My eyes flickered open and widened at the nude beauty standing before me, Dan's sex hair sticking out in all directions and the substance almost dried on his lower stomach.

"You need to shower," I observed, sitting up and running my fingers through my tangled hair.

"So do you," snapped Dan, "But look!"

He thrusted a piece of paper in front of my face and I took it, narrowing my eyes to see the words better.

Dan,
Took girls to grandma's house. Don't forget to make Phil breakfast.
Love, Mum

P.S wash your sheets please

I groaned, my face heating up as I looked at the clock and found that it was 12:03pm the next day.

"That's so embarrassing," I muttered, pouting.

Dan's face suddenly lit up as he set eyes on my boxers strewn across the floor. He ran over to them and swiped them up, examining them.

"These are American Apparel, right?" he confirmed and I nodded, confused about his motive as he pulled them on.

He then stood, arms open, and beckoned me over.

I wandered over and shivered as his cold hands pulled my arms around his neck and then rested on my hips. 

"You can sing to me now."

"Sing to you?" I repeated, thrown off balance.

He nodded, gesturing to my underwear balancing on his hips and humming a tune that I vaguely recognised but couldn't put my finger on.

Then it dawned on me and I burst out laughing at Dan's idiocy, calming down eventually enough to fulfill his wish and burst into song:

"You look so perfect standing there, in my American Apparel underwear!"

He started pulling me around the room in his weird version of dancing, singing along.

"And I know now, that I'm so down! Your lipstick stain is a work of art, I got your named tattooed in an arrow heart, and I know now, that I'm so down!"

We collapsed onto the bed still wrapped in each other's arms, giggling breathlessly. I winced when my gaze fell upon the disgusting mess still sitting on our stomachs.

"We really need to shower," I reminded him.

In response, he jumped up and held his hand out.

"Come on then!"

"Together?" I asked, taking his hand and pulling myself up. He nodded happily.

"Could you stick my sheets in that basket over there while I go sort out the hot water?"

Dan disappeared, and I stripped the bed down, folding the sheet carefully and chucking it into the hamper in the corner of the room. Then I collected my clothes and put them next to my coat and shoes, not wanting to leave them strewn all over the floor like that.

I wandered off to the bathroom then, finding Dan naked once again, switching on the shower.

He was the first to step in, swishing his hair under the water before turning to me.

"Phil, your socks," Dan pointed out, and I bent down to pull them off.

"Have I had them on all this time? I didn't even notice!" I said, laughing incredulously.

"Sexy times with your socks on. Classy, Phil." 

I swatted at him and stepped into the shower beside him.

I tried to stay as far away as possible despite the small space, not wanting to interrupt Dan's showering process.

"You can come a little closer y'know. I'm not exactly gonna try anything in my family bathroom. I'm not that kinky."

I laughed and stepped nearer to him.

You know when you finish washing in the shower and you just stand for about five minutes, let the warm water run down your spine and release the tension in your muscles?

This particular section of this particular shower was reserved solely for cuddling.

Never before had I cuddled standing up in a shower before, and it was the best thing ever, wrapped in each other's arms as the warm water seeped into our pores.

When we were washed, dried and dressed, we relocated to the kitchen.

I watched as Dan made pancakes, sitting cross legged at the table and absent mindedly petting Dil, who was curled up contentedly in my lap.

"Y'know what I just realised?," I spoke up out of the blue, a thought popping into my head. "It's Christmas eve today!"

"Oh yeah," Dan realised, "Have you wrapped all your presents yet?"

"Yup. They're all at home; Mums gonna take them to the hospital with her tomorrow for us to open together."

"I'm so excited, y'know."

"Me too; having everyone I love in one room, with food and presents? Sounds amazing. Wish we could take Dil though."

"He'll be fine with the neighbour."

"I know. He's just so cute and cuddly."

"Hey," Dan said, spinning to face me and pinching his own cheeks, "you have me!"

"Yeah," I agreed, a smile tugging at my lips, "I have you."

A/N

Happy Christmas Eve! Ahhhh I'm so excited im never gonna be able to sleep tonight I feel like a five year old SQUEEEE
I can't believe there's only one cchapter to go WHAT OMG
Also, there's a strong possibility that either in this chapter or the next I'll reach 2k reads! That's insane, literally wtf ily all soooo much I can't explain

Songs I listened to:

Real Love by Clean Bandit
Silhouette by Owl City
Good Riddance (Time of your life) by Green Day
Song of the Sparrow by SayWeCanFly

Recommended:

Oneshots by Me oops sorrynotsorry
The promo is real, but I've started posting oneshots in a book thingy! From all sorts of fandoms, including phan, troyler and black butler sooooo

~Georgina

Find me:

Twitter: ThisIsGeorgieXo

Tumblr: sugarcanellamas

Instagram: assemblingphilosophies

Collab acc: KnivesAndPens_xo