Chapter Seventeen

One thing I've learned through all the ups and downs is that if you're doing things right, then you have a core group of people. Not just a core group like your homies or your buddies, but a group of people that has a good influence on you, who you respect and admire, and you know that if they're on your side, you're doing something right.

~Hope Solo

Dan was slowly getting better.

It was in the early weeks of December that he began walking around the house. We were all thrilled to bits at his progress. It was passing, and that made us happy.

Lily didn't need to come round anymore, but she still did. She was that kind of person; resilient, wouldn't give up. It was one of my favourite things about her.

I started going around on Saturday's too. I couldn't keep myself away, and they all welcomed me with open arms.

I found out that Dan had attended my school in the past, and still had friends from there. One Saturday, he invited them around.

There were four of them. Four new people.

Ew.

Despite my doubt though, it wasn't all that bad. They weren't all that bad. Mrs Howell took Sadie and Maddie out for the day, and the friends arrived around four.

They were all older than us, and one of them I recognised immediately.

They introduced themselves, one by one, in Dan's sitting room.

"Hi! I'm Joe Sugg, pleasure to meet you, Phil."

Joseph Sugg. The head boy. Honey brown hair styled into a quiff, blue eyes set into amazingly proportioned face. Tall and slim. Sounded vaguely like Harry Potter.

"Joe! Move out my way! Hey, I'm Zoe, I'm unfortunately related to that tit bag."

How perfect was their gene? She was tiny, slim and petite. Long ombre hair cascaded down her back, and dazzling blue eyes twinkled at me kindly.

"Oh HEY, I'm Alfie Deyes, nice to meet you."

He was two years older than me, yet I was almost taller than him. His wavy dark brown hair piled on top of his head, and deep brown eyes swivelled a little nervously. Athletic, and well built.

"Hello. I'm PJ, word extraordinaire, art crafter, and space man. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Philip of the...I'm gonna say ocean."

Quietly spoken, oddly charming. Curly brown hair, smiling green eyes. About the same height as me. Amazing speaking voice.

I shook all of their hands, and introduced myself formally. I may have been shy, but I didn't make a prat of myself. Dan and Lily watched proudly on in the background.

They were a great bunch of people. They laughed a lot, spoke a lot, and joked a lot: three things I'd usually hate, but with them it was oddly endearing. They involved me in the conversation as much as they could, and asked me questions. I felt wanted and appreciated amongst them.

Eventually, I got too overwhelmed and excused myself to go and sit in Dan's bedroom. He followed to check I was okay.

We sat together on the end of his bed.

"I'm so glad you're here, Phil."

I glanced over at Dan, who was fidgeting with the bracelet on his wrist and jogging his leg. He answered my unspoken question without hesitance.

"I just feel like I've connected with you more in the past month or so than I have with any of those in the past three years. I'm...just glad you're here. Thank you for being here, Phil. I'm sorry that things aren't working with your family so well right now, but thank you for all you've been doing for mine."

I grinned at Dan, my small smile creeping up my cheeks. He shuffled closer and settled an arm around my shoulder, squeezing me into his side.

"I'm glad I met you, Phil Lester."

A/N

SUCH ADORBS MUCH SQUEALS
Writing this made me so happy, you have no idea.
The Suggs, Alfie, and PJ have purpose in the story, I promise.
There's still like three more new characters to meet, and they're all equally important

Songs I listened to:

Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran

Far Too Young To Die by P!ATD

That Girl by All Time Low

Recommended:

Glazed Eyes, Empty Hearts by troyleraccount

This is a troyler au/ murder mystery and I'm in love with it. The storyline is perfection and holy crap, it's one of the best written things I've ever read, and I'm not even exaggerating

A Dementor's Kiss by @PartTimeStoryTeller

YOU CAN'T MIX PHAN AND HOGWARTS AND NOT EXPECT ME TO GO MENTAL.
Read it... Just read it. You'll understand. 

~Georgina

Find me:

Twitter: ThisIsGeorgieXo

Tumblr: sugarcanellamas

Instagram: assemblingphilosophies

Collab acc: KnivesAndPens_xo