Chapter 30 - The Official Announcement

***** Two Weeks Later *****

Eva and Paulo sat on the couch in the sitting room with a large laptop screen pulled up in front of them. Eva had scheduled a virtual meeting with all of her family back in Norway that couldn't be here in person and Paulo's mother and sisters and Astrid came in and sat down on the couches across from them.

She smiled at them and said, "We're just waiting for everyone to join the live meeting."

A minute later she saw a square pop up in the meeting and her father and mother were sitting there behind his desk and another square popped up and it was Astrid's Mom.

She waved and said, "Hi guys! Thanks for joining! We're just waiting for Kristoff."

"Oh ummmm. Kristoff texted me a minute ago and said he's running a little late," Astrid told her. 

Eva thought it was strange that her twin brother would text Astrid about him being late instead of her. 

A couple minutes later Kristoff came in through the door saying, "I'm so sorry I'm late. I got stuck in traffic. What did I miss?" he asked, taking off his suit jacket and sitting down next to Astrid and looking over at her with a smile. He leaned in and they were whispering for a second until Kristoff noticed Eva watching them and then they stopped. 

"Nothing. We were waiting on you. Mom and Dad are in the live meeting so we can get started now," Eva said, clearing her throat. 

"Paulo's mom and sisters are here and so are Astrid and Kristoff. Wave!" she told her family as she turned the camera towards them and they all waved and said hi.

"Astrid! You cut off your long hair!" Astrid's Mom gasped, looking at the modern bob on Astrid's red hair. "I love it. You look gorgeous!"

"Yes she does," Kristoff whispered low enough that he probably thought nobody could hear it, smiling over at Astrid and seeing the way Astrid smiled back at him shyly gave Eva the distinct feeling something was going on between the two of them. She made a mental note to ask her about it later.

"So what's this big important meeting about?" Eva's Mom asked, as she turned the camera back to her and Paulo.

She looked over and said, "Paulo, why don't you tell them?"

He smiled proudly and said, "Ok. Well Eva has been really sick, run down and tired. We were getting really worried that something was seriously wrong with her so she went to the doctor and had a bunch of tests run and some blood tests."

"Okay," her Mom said, looking over at her Dad with worry.

"We got the results back and it turns out that," he said, looking around the room at everyone before saying with a huge smile. "Eva's pregnant."

Eva stood up and lifted the baggy shirt she had on and showed them her round baby bump that was already forming with a huge smile on her face.

There were gasps and screams heard around the room and Paulo's Mom flew up out of her chair and rushed over, giving Paulo and Eva both a tight hug as she started sobbing. His sisters, her brother and Astrid got up and gave both of them a hug too and Eva looked at the screen and saw her Mom and Dad both crying, hugging each other and Astrid's Mom was in tears too.

"Wait. We haven't told you the best part yet. Tell them Paulo," she urged, with a smile.

"We're having twins," he said, and the room and the meeting erupted with shouts and cheers again. 

Eva spoke up and said, "They have a blood test that can tell the gender and we got the results back. It turns out we're going to have two heirs to the throne at once. It came back that they're both boys!"