Chapter 10 - Wedding Reception

"Eva, these are my best friends," Paulo started to say. 

"More like his brothers!" one of his friends cut in with a smile, shoving his shoulder. 

"Yeah. He's right. They're really more like brothers," Paulo laughed with a smile as he pointed to each one and said, "This is Marc, Prescott, George and Colin. We were in boarding school together at Eaton and we all played on the Polo team."

All of his friends were gorgeous, tall and looked athletic just like Paulo, and the five of them standing together in nice suits looked like a magazine ad for cologne. Eva smiled and shook each of their hands.

"It's really nice to meet all of you," she said as she took another long drink of the Sangria, tipping it back and emptying the glass.

"You might want to go slow on that," Paulo warned, pointing at her glass. "It's pretty strong."

She scoffed and said, "I'll be alright. I'm going slow."

He nodded but didn't look convinced. 

"Hey, I was just forced to marry a guy that doesn't love me," she whispered. "The least I can do is have some fun and get drunk off my ass at the reception. At least something good can come from this day."

He just gave her the side eye and didn't say anything. 

"So all of you went to school with Paulo?" she asked, turning to look at his friends.

George was the first to speak up and he seemed to be the most confident of the group besides Paulo. He was a really handsome guy with shaggy blonde hair and bright green eyes. He had taken off his suit jacket and tie and rolled up the sleeves of his dress shirt and seemed really laid back and casual. 

He put an arm around Paulo's shoulder and said with a thick British accent, "Sure did. I went to Eaton with him and Oxford after. I'm his best mate since we were thirteen. I have ALL the dirt on him. All you have to do is ask," George teased, ruffling up Paulo's hair. Paulo pushed him back and put his arm around George's neck pulling him into a headlock and rubbing his knuckles into his hair.

"I give! I give!" George laughed and Paulo released him and patted him on the back and smiled.

"So what was Paulo like in school?" she asked. His friends were probably the only way she was going to get information about him since he refused to talk to her himself.

Colin, a tall handsome guy with short, clean cut brown hair and glasses said, "This man right here was a legend at Eaton." 

"Because he was a prince?" she asked. 

"No," he laughed. "Because he was the most epic prankster ever. I'll never forget that time he found out the headmaster was deathly afraid of frogs so he snuck into his room and put a frog in his toilet and closed the lid. You could hear his screams all the way down the hallway that night when he got up to pee and it jumped out at him," he laughed.

His friend Prescott spoke up next. He was the shortest of the group, but had the most muscle, dark red, shaggy hair and really bright blue eyes. He was definitely a heart breaker. He said, "The headmaster's scream was so high pitched he sounded like a little girl," he laughed, imitating the sound with a huge smile, making all the guys laugh. "That's why we secretly gave him the nickname Betty."

His friend Marco that had spiky, jet black hair, brown eyes and tan skin, reached out and smacked Paulo's chest, saying, "There are going to be a lot of broken hearts around Spain now that you're off the market old chap. Do you guys remember how many stalkers this man had at school?" and they all nodded.