Chapter 13 - Saying Goodbye

Paulo laughed. "Well to our parents that's exactly what we both are right now, baby makers."

"Yeah," Eva agreed. "And not just to them. It seems like the rest of the world sees us that way too."

"Are you really surprised by that?" he asked. "I'm reminded constantly about the fact that we need male heirs right away."

"Yeah, me too," she sighed, releasing her elbows and letting her head fall back onto the bed, groaning and closing her eyes again.

"And that's exactly why it's so important that we lie about last night and say we consummated our marriage or all hell will break loose."

"Yeah," she nodded, turning her head and looking over at him. 

He stood up and dropped his towel to the floor and this time she saw his front side and she quickly looked away with her face flushing eight shades of red. He didn't even seem to notice the effect he had on her as he crossed the room, getting some clothes out of his suitcase. Apparently he was completely comfortable being naked in front of her now, even though they just met a couple days ago. That was crazy to her because the thought of being naked in front of him terrified her. 

After he pulled on a pair of boxer briefs she looked back and laid there watching him as he put on a casual suit. 

She laid there thinking about it and said, "I guess the reason why that news report bothered me is I hate people talking about me."

He laughed. "You're a famous princess. You've been dealing with that your whole life just like I have. I figured you'd be used to it by now," he said, turning his suitcase on its side and zipping it up. "Paparazzi is just part of being a royal."

"Yeah I know," she said, laying there and looking up at the ceiling.

"You know, when my Mom and Dad first started trying to arrange our marriage I looked you up and there were all kinds of rumors floating around online that you were already engaged to Leonardo DiCaprio."

Eva laughed out loud and said, "I've never even talked to Leonardo Dicaprio. That's hilarious."

"See, that's why you shouldn't even worry about what they say. These tabloids are always going to be around, looking for something to talk about and if they don't find it, they'll just make something up. You shouldn't let them get to you," he said, sitting down on the bed next to her to put on his shoes and she sat up beside him. "We'll have a baby when we have a baby." 

"You're right," she sighed. "I need to stop caring about what they say. This is why I usually don't watch TV shows or read articles about myself."

"I don't either," he said. "Most of the bullshit they post isn't true anyway so all it does is piss me off. And then if I get angry and lash out at them then they just write an article about it and make me look like a fucking hothead. You can't win against them. They have no shame."

"I've noticed you cuss a lot. I didn't expect that from a prince because my parents were always pretty strict about that with me and Kristoff. They said it wasn't proper for royals to cuss. Don't get me wrong, we do it every now and then when it's just the two of us." 

"I only do it around my friends and family, people I'm really close to, when I know there's no one else within hearing distance recording me. I would never do it during an interview or anything like that," he laughed. "My parents would kill me." 

She laughed and looked over into his hazel eyes as he sat there next to her on the bed and she felt her stomach tighten. They locked eyes and she glanced down at his lips and a memory of  kissing him at the wedding went through her mind. She lifted her eyes and looked back up at his face. He was so handsome and looking at him made her heart ache and she wanted him to lean in and kiss her so bad.