Chapter 22 - Friends No More

That night Paulo cooked dinner again like he did every night. Their system where she cooked breakfast and he cooked dinner had been working out really well and she appreciated the fact that he was willing to help out with the cooking and even helped her clean up after meals. It might seem like something small but to her that meant something. 

She finished washing the last fork and sat it in the drying rack before turning around, looking up and coming face to face with Paulo. He was standing so close that it made her heart skip a beat and she stood there paralyzed, looking up into his hazel eyes. 

He stepped closer and she stepped back, feeling her butt hitting up against the kitchen counter behind her. Without a word he looked down into her eyes and lifted his hand slowly, tucking her hair behind her ear and she swallowed hard. That soft touch tickled her neck and sent a shiver across her skin.

She could feel her heart pounding against her chest, so loud she was afraid he'd be able to hear it and her legs started to feel weak. Her gaze left his eyes and moved down to his lips as he slowly leaned in closer, so close she could smell his cologne and the mint on his breath.

He looked into her eyes and whispered against her lips, "Fuck. I can't take this. I don't want to be just your friend anymore Eva."

Hearing that made her stomach do a flip and she stood there as still as a statue waiting to see what he would do next.

"Can I kiss you?" he whispered against her cheek.

She lifted her head, looking up into his eyes and nodded slowly, unable to speak. 

His hand slipped around the back of her neck and she closed her eyes right as his lips pressed against hers. Her heart leaped and the butterflies in her stomach went wild as his lips skimmed across hers, sending a tingle across her skin.

He turned his head to the side as he covered her mouth with his, his tongue pushing past her lips and massaging against her tongue while he pulled in at her waist, bringing his body against hers. She raised her arms and wrapped them around his neck, kissing him back desperately as their mouths moved against each other in perfect harmony. She had been longing to kiss him again ever since their wedding, even dreaming about it a couple times and it didn't disappoint. Kissing him made her feel like her insides were jello and she could melt into a puddle or faint right there in his strong arms that were holding her up.

It seemed like he might've been desperate to kiss her too because he kissed her like she had never been kissed before, with so much passion. It wasn't just a kiss. It was so deep and strong and possessive, like he was marking her as his, letting her know that no one else could ever make her feel like that but him.

He finally stepped back, looking down into her eyes and searching her face, glancing down at her lips before turning around and walking away without a word, leaving her leaning against the counter, panting with her heart pounding against her chest. She raised her hand and touched her fingers to her swollen lips and couldn't help but smile. She felt like letting out a squeal and doing a little happy dance but she controlled herself and turned around to finish cleaning up instead.