Chapter 29 - Big News

Paulo held onto Eva's hand as they made their way back up the aisle and out the doors they came in through, being led by security. When they got outside the crowd erupted and started throwing flowers at them, screaming their names, and waving Spanish flags as they got back into the Rolls Royce. When they were inside and closed the door he let out an exhale as he unbuttoned his suit jacket.

Eva looked over at him with a smile and said, "I'm so proud of you."

"What for?" he asked.

"What for?" she asked with wide eyes. "That speech. It was amazing. When did you have a chance to write it? I never even saw you working on it."

"I didn't write it. I just stood up there and said what I was thinking and was honest. I think I do better with speeches when I'm real and not rehearsed. I like to sound genuine."

"Seriously?" she asked. "Wow. I'm so impressed that you could get up and give a speech to the entire country like that with no preparation and just wing it and do such a good job. That's amazing."

"What did you expect me to do?" he asked, laughing.

"Well I wouldn't have been surprised if you had a few cuss words thrown in there," she laughed.

He smiled, shaking his head and laughing. "When I'm in King mode it's all professional. I only do that kind of shit around you because that's when I can let loose and be myself," he whispered, leaning in and giving her a soft kiss.

She smiled at him and loved the fact that she was the only person that got to see that side of him. She thought about how he delivered that speech so well, with so much confidence and how much the people loved him already. She knew he was going to be a great King.

"Paulo, what you said during your speech, about me running Spain at your side as your true partner," she said, looking down and letting out an exhale. She lifted her eyes and looked into his and said, "You have no idea how much that means to me, that you value my opinions and respect me enough to want to involve me in running the country. That means everything to me." 

He gave her a soft smile and said, "I meant every word. I honestly couldn't picture myself doing that with anyone else at my side, but with you as my Queen," he said with a smile, "I feel like we can conquer the world together." 

She smiled and said, "I think so too." 

He leaned in and pressed his lips to hers and she closed her eyes and cherished that moment. 

He pulled back from the kiss and she opened her eyes and looked into his and he whispered, "I love you Eva." 

Hearing that made her heart leap and her eyes burned as they started to fill with tears. 

"I love you too," she whispered, leaning in and kissing him again. 

She sighed with happiness, sitting back in her seat and looking out the window, waving and smiling at the huge crowd of people that were lining the streets.

She looked over and took Paulo's hand, weaving her fingers through his and laying her head on his shoulder with an exhale. She felt so lucky to be his Queen and was so thankful for her parents' choice in husband for her. 

When they got back to the castle, all their family was waiting for them because they had flown in for this day. She gave Kristoff and Astrid a tight hug and then she hugged both of her parents and kissed their cheeks before saying, "Thank you." 

"For what?" her Mom asked, looking over at her Dad. 

"For Paulo. You were both right. He was the perfect choice and I wanted to let you know you did the right thing. I love him and I can't imagine being married to anyone else."