| dads (2) ✭

Virgil took a full week off school with his father, Logan, that week. The thought of loosing his dramatic dad made him sick and he threw up a ton. He had plenty of panic attacks too.

whilst Logan sat in the living room, drinking tea and watching the TV. Virgil was upstairs with his best friend Patton, the bubbly male was holding the emo close to his chest as he sobbed. "Everything's going to be okay, virge." He whispers softly into his friend's ear. They were bound to be a couple, just continuously denied it completely. Plus, Virgil had mentioned not being ready for a relationship, which made Patton totally understand.

Virgil clings to his friend sadly, screaming and crying into his chest for the 12th time today. He wanted his dad so bad. He missed him so badly. Receiving a kiss to the forehead, Virgil looked up at Patton sadly. Patton's heart shattered at the boys expression. "Virge," he cups the boy's face, wiping away his tears with his thumbs gently.

"I-I don't want to loose him Patton," he stuttered sadly, desperation filling his defeated voice.

—————————————————

Five weeks passed and there was still no news about Roman, Logan was becoming depressed, loosing interest in his smart, money-making job, avoiding socialising and avoiding Virgil.

Patton slept over at Virgil's place every night, going to school with him now, every single day to be there. Patton would be there for Virgil whenever he needed and it was helping Virgil cope.

But, one ordinary Wednesday, Virgil came home to an empty house with Patton. The emo figured his dad was upstairs, but he checked everywhere and there was no sign of him. This caused Virgil to panic again, curling up to his friend again for warmth and comfort, in which he received.

"Virgil!" A loud voice shouted from out the front of their small home, Virgil shot up, Logan. He quickly got out of Patton's embrace and ran outside only to be greeted with Logan and... Roman!?

Roman was in a wheelchair, bandages basically holding him together. He held out his arms to Virgil happily and it was clear he has been crying earlier, Virgil ran to his dad and cuddled him gently, due to his state, yet tightly. "D-Dad... I... I-I've missed you so much..." Virgil sobbed, clinging to him tightly like he would leave again.

Roman smiled sadly, holding his son close. "I missed you two, buddy." He rubs his back and sighs heavily, "I'm so proud of you two for coping," Roman praises, smiling at the two. He received a gentle kiss to the lips at that, kissing back of course.

They had there family back together again. Like each piece of the puzzle was coming back together.