Ch. 5 Rescue From The Church

Start from the beginning

Akeno: Still the same I'm afraid. No change at all. She said with a sad tone.

Rias: All we can do is wait and hope that he recovers. She says with a neutral look.

Koneko then gets a snack and sits down on the couch.

Issei: Damn. If only he was awake, then I could get his help to get Asia back. He said with anger.

Rias: Enough about Asia, Issei. She is a part of the church, which means that she is out enemy. She says with an annoyed look.

Issei: That doesn't matter, the only reason that they want her is for her sacred gear. I can't just stand around and do nothing while Raynare is her for who knows what. He says with a determined look.

Rias then slaps him in the face trying to get him to snap out of it.

Rias: Let me try this one more time. If I say don't, then don't. You have to forget about Asia. You are a member of the Gremory family now. She says with a serious tone.

Issei: Fine. Then maybe it's time you release me from your household. Because I refuse to just let her go, and there's nothing you can say to make me. He says with a determined look.

Rias: I'm sorry, but I can't do that. She says with a neutral look.

Issei: Of course not, I'm one of your precious pawns. (Yn) and I each took up four pawn pieces. And if (Yn) doesn't wake up, then I'm the only one left. Can't do anything without your most important pieces can you? He says with a sarcastic attitude.

Rias: That's enough, Issei! She says with a serious tone.

Issei gasps at her sudden order, and then stays quiet.

Rias: Pawns are important. They're not the weakest piece in the game by any means. She says with a neutral look.

Rias then explains to Issei about how pawns can promote themselves to have the powers of other pieces once they get into enemy territory, or when the king say they can.

After Rias is done explaining how it works to Issei, Akeno walks over to her and whispers something in her ear. Rias nods in agreement.

Rias: Something has come up. Akeno and I have the step out for a moment. She says with a neutral look.

Rias and Akeno walk over to the open space and prepare a magic circle for the jump.

Rias: Remember Issei, even when promoted, no matter the rank, a devil cannot stand up to a fallen one on their own. She says with a neutral look.

Rias and Akeno use the magic circle and transport to another location.

Issei: I guess we'll just have to see about that, won't we. He says with a determined look.

Issei then started to walk out of the room, until Kiba spoke to him.

Kiba: You're going. He said with a neutral look.

Issei: Yep, and there's nothing you can do to stop me. I probably don't stand a chance without (Yn), but I have to try. For Asia's sake. He said with a determined look.

Kiba: You're gonna be killed. He said with a neutral look.

Issei: Well, I can deal with that as long as I can get her out of there, and avenge (Yn). He said with a determined look.

Kiba: That's very brave, but very stupid too. He said with a smile.

Koneko: It's suicide. She said with a blank expression.