Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

Which is also why I couldn't let them continue to say those things about her.

I was grateful that the teacher had finally came and the class period was over quickly. I wanted more than anything else to be out of that room with those girls.

"Ceres, you okay? You look like a firecracker ready to pop" Ross said when he saw me enter our next class. Hayden was also with him and his face was that of concern when seeing me as well.

"It's nothing. I just need to calm down..." I said with a sigh and Ross crossed his arms.

"You wouldn't need to be calming down if it was nothing. What's wrong?" He pressed again and I shook my head.

"I'll tell you later. Let's just get through this presentation" I said and Ross nodded but the look on his face said 'you better'.

We had managed to get through our presentation just fine and while waiting for the rest of the people scheduled to present today to finish, I could finally feel myself calming down. I was definitely in need of a couple breaths but now all that anger from moments ago just turned into hunger and I was practically starving by the time lunch rolled around.

"So, spill. What happened?" Ross said as we sat down at our table.

"Some girls were talking badly about Diana..." I muttered as I used my fork to nudge the cherry tomatoes in my salad.

"That makes sense. It's unusual to see you get upset...well, to see you get worked up about anything really" Hayden said.

"And I told them they were jealous and disgusting" At those words, Ross nearly choked on his milk.

"You talked back? Woah, I didn't think you had it in you!" Ross said with a pat to my back which he probably didn't realize was kind of rough.

"What were they saying?" Hayden asked and I shook my head.

"I don't want to repeat it" I said and Hayden nodded.

"Well, now that we're out of class let's find out why the focus of this topic isn't here" Ross said as he pulled out his phone and began to call Diana.

"...Hello...? Ew, you sound gross" Ross said and Hayden and I looked at him confused as he continued to talk to Diana.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna hang up before you get me sick through the phone. You better not come here until you're better....haha! Yeah, whatever, I'll let them know how you're doing. Oh! Wait, you'll never believe what Ceres did-"

Before Ross could finish his sentence I grabbed the phone from him and hung up the phone.

"W-What'd you did that for?! I wanted to tell her what you did for her!" Ross whined as he tried to grab his phone back but I held it away.

"I don't want her to know that people were talking about her..." I said and Ross stopped trying to grab his phone after I said that.

"She's right, Diana doesn't need to hear things like that" Hayden said and Ross just gave a little sigh.

"Alright, alright. The hero's good deed will go unrecognized" He said and I gave his phone back.