Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Are you bothering those boys?" Roman asked as he stepped forward and Kade stepped back with a shake of his head.

"I was just making sure everything was alright" he said with a wave of his hand but Roman was unconvinced as he continued his approach.

"Why wouldn't it be? They just got here" I let out a small sigh before deciding that I would take this opportunity to escape since the two of them were preoccupied.

After leaving Kade and Roman to their conversation, I headed back to the others who were talking amongst themselves.

"Who invited you anyways?" Ross said with a playful glare and Diana frowned.

"Don't even try to pull that crap! You're the one who said I should come along even though we aren't partners" she said and Hayden just seemed to be standing to the side, not really wanting to get involved in whatever the two had going on.

"We can head up now" I said as I came up to them.

"Oh, you're back. Is your brother alright?" Hayden asked when noticing me and I nodded.

"He can be a little weird so don't mind him" I said and Diana giggled at my words.

We were about to head up the stairs to my room but once again we were stopped to Kade.

"W-Wait! Don't you want to stay in the living room? Where I can-" Before Kade could finish his sentence, Roman had tugged his ear harshly and Kade yelped at the unexpected attack.

"Go on ahead but keep the door open for his sanity please" Roman said as he gave me a nod before dragging Kade, still by the ear might I add, back into the kitchen.

"Your brother is kind of funny" Ross said with a chuckle as we finally got to my room. I had made sure to leave the door open as Roman asked before going to sit down.

"Yeah..." I said while taking out my stuff. If only he knew Kade wasn't trying to be funny...

~Downstairs with Kade & Roman, Third POV~

"Okay! I'll stop! Now, let go before you pull it off!" Kade exclaimed and sighed in relief once Roman released his ear.

"What's wrong with you..." Kade muttered while rubbing his ear and Roman raised an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? Acting like that in front of Ceres' friends the way you did, they'll probably think you're crazy or something" Roman said and Kade frowned.

"If that's what it takes to make those two stay away from my baby then I don't care!" Kade said and Roman gave an irritable sigh but Kade wasn't having any of it as he continued.

"And how could you let them go into her room? A girl's room is her sanctuary, not some place where random little boys can just walk into as they please! I've failed to protect her privacy!" Kade cried as he ruffled his hair in frustration.

"You're so annoying" Max said as he walked into the kitchen.

"You can't tell me you don't think the same Max?" Kade said as he looked to his younger brother for back up.

Max paused to think for a moment but found himself at a crossroad. He had the option to either start a war in Kade's mind, or turn a blind eye and say nothing about what he knew. While he loved messing with Kade as much as the next sibling, he also didn't want to hear or deal with Kade's exaggerated antics.