Chapter 3: I still don't like him

Start from the beginning

"Ooh. Does he still have a cane up his butt or did he finally realize the world doesn't revolve around him?" Remus asks.

"Still got the cane. He called me a freak and an emo nightmare. Couldn't even come up with a creative insult." I say, "Where's Jan?"

"Oh, he was busy with some after school junk. I don't know. He probably got detention for the prank we pulled this morning." Remus replies, "So wheres that McDonald's?"

"What prank did you guys pull this time?" I ask.

"Bloody legs." He says.

I snort. Only Remus would think of bloody legs. And only Jan would let him do it.

I put the McDonalds into the GPS and we start driving.

*Logan POV*

Virgal storms out of the classroom after Roman insults him. I turn to him.

"Why did you insult him?" I ask, my tone a little harsh.

"That kid's from Rockview. So he's our sworn enemy." He says.

"How could you tell?" I ask. If he is from Rockview that would explain why I didn't recognize him earlier, and why he didn't seem remotely afraid of Roman.

"He's got a Rockview shirt on. How could you not notice?"

I didn't notice. That shocks me. I have a photographic memory, and I'm observant, so it's very unlikely I wouldn't notice that detail. I guess I was distracted by his eyes, the way they were always darting around the room, or his defensive demeanor with how he was rude initially but lessened when he found me unthreatening, or his- 

I cut my thoughts off. What just went through my head? We make our way to our lockers and I realize I feel different. A little more nervous and happy. I shake it off, thinking it must be because it's our first day back and its already over.

We grab our stuff and go out to the parking lot. I see Virgal standing by the wall, on his phone. I make a point to get into the car before Roman sees him. Rockview kid or not, I don't want Roman tormenting him. But Roman gives all Rockview kids a hard time, and they do to us in return. 

*Roman POV*

Logan asked me why I was rude to the emo kid. I told him that I saw him wearing a Rockview shirt but he wasn't. Logan accepted that he was, however. Which is good because I didn't want to deal with his tirade of questions otherwise. But the real reason is that I recognize him as one of my brother's friends. So he would, of course, go to Rockview, but he's also a troublemaker if he hangs out with my brother. The reason I lied was because I try to pretend my brother doesn't exist. He chose to leave mom and I so he's no brother of mine.

We get in Logan's car and he starts driving. Since it's our first day back I want to celebrate.

"Hey Lo, can we go get some ice cream at McDonald's?" I ask, "I can pay."

Logan is about to protest when Patton pipes up from the back.

"Ooooh! I love their ice cream! Can we Lo? Pleeeeeeease?"

"Fine. But only if you pay for it and my gas." Logan says.

I readily agree and we make our way there.

We decide to go to the one nearest to Patton's house, which is closer to the edge of town. Logan parks and we leave our stuff in the car as we walk in. I hear a shout as we open the door and my eyes widen. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Remus, jumping on to a table, shouts "I SAID I WANTED ONE LARGE FRY." He then dumps his fries out onto the floor, "INSTEAD I GET FIFTY TINY ONES! AAAAAAAAAAHHH!"

He causes more and more ruckus and when I go up to order I see that emo kid filming it all while trying to contain his laughter. I quickly order and decide that from now on, I 100% hate that kid. Then the worst thing imaginable happens.

Remus turns around, spots me and yells, "WELL HEY BROTHER! LONG TIME NO SEE? STILL SLEEPING WITH A TEDDY BEAR OR HAVE YOU UPGRADED TO UNICORN?"

My face goes red and I'm about to insult him back when the manager of the store comes over to Remus.

"Sir you are being asked to leave and for harassing our employees and a customer you are now banned from this store." She says.

Remus shrugs and walks out, food in hand and after about a minute I see the emo kid walk out too. Our order is ready so I grab it and leave, Patton and Logan right behind me.

I give them their ice creams and Logan starts the car. That's when Patton asks me,

"Romie, did you know that person?"

"Nope." I lie.

"That's funny." Logan says, "It seemed like he recognized you."

"He was probably drunk or delusional." I say, "Take your pick."

They both seem to accept this and we eat our ice creams. We get to Patton's house first.

"Cya tomorrow kiddos!" He says as he leaves.

We both wave him goodbye and we start the drive to my house. We're about halfway there when Logan says,

"That boy did look kinda similar to you. Could he be your cousin or something?"

"I don't recognize him at all. And he doesn't have my ruggedly handsome charm, so he couldn't be family." I say, flipping my hair for dramatic effect.

Logan rolls his eyes. "Ok."

Once we make it to my house Logan pulls up in my driveway. I hand him a ten for gas and thank him for the ride. I throw away my empty ice cream cup and walk inside my house.

Yay more Remus nonsense! So I've had a lot of time on my hands so I was able to write a chapter for this, so I will be posting another chapter for In the Mindpalace tomorrow. I also adjusted my posting schedule to have my deadline be at 7:45 PM CDT instead of 6:45, so I have more time to get two chapters out daily. I hope you enjoyed reading, feel free to leave any feedback or thoughts you have for the story, and have an exceptional day you magnificent peep!