Chapter 2 (Cutting)

Anastasia Rosaline Parker Pov:

Its been 2 years since my mother died. Dad became an alcoholic and drug abuser, he also abused me.

I became a maid for dad. Cleaning the house till it was spotless and cooking for him.

If the house or food wasn't up to his standards I would get a beating.

If he was bored and angry I was his punching bag.

In school I went from the popular girl to the bullied loner.

After my mother's death I had to go to work as my father was spending all his money on alcohol.

To survive I had to go and work at a diner as waitress.

My so called friends became angry that I was no longer spending time with them and started to bully me.

Eventually, the whole school started bullying me. I had no friends but it was kind of a good thing, I focused more on my studies and eventually I got a scholarship for school. One less burden, now I don't have to worry about my school fees.

The only time I'm peaceful is when I'm in my room, in the toilet cutting myself.

I know you people think I'm doing it for attention why would I even want more attention to myself, all the attention I get is negative.

If I wanted attention I would cut my wrists and not even bother to hide them but no, I like to cut at my thighs.

When I see the blood dripping from my cuts I feel relieved. Its like taking drugs to me, I feel pure ecstasy.

It is my way of coping from the abuse, bullying and loneliness I go through.