[Chapter Twenty-Two]

Start from the beginning

I had about two minutes till class and I ran to Alexis’s locker, since it was closer and I barely got it in and slammed it shut before I felt arms wrap around me from behind and pull me back into a very firm body.

“Sucker” I said and he held me tighter

“Remind me never to kiss you again” he whispered in my ear making me shiver slightly and he chuckled lightly as his lips brushed against my ear “You’re trouble.” He told me and I turned in his arms so I was facing him and kissed him chastely.

“There, nothing bad happened” I smiled.

“This time.” he said and he leaned in closer to me again and I remembered where we were and people were watching so I gently pushed him back from me and I looked at him, these moments were nice but weird.

“Something bad will happen if we don’t get to class in about thirty seconds.” I said and I rushed off towards our classroom with him following beside me, he grabbed my hand and pulled me quicker and I just let him. I got the worst looks from the girls when I got to class. When I realized I still had ahold of his hand I rolled my eyes and dropped it before heading to my seat right as the bell rang.

What is wrong with these girls? Half of them are in a relationship and it’s not like Damon and I are dating. We’ve made out a few times, it’s not like I haven’t made out with a guy I wasn’t dating and it’s not like he’s the relationship kind, he just does sex and messing around.

This is why I ignore Alexis every time she says that he likes me, because he really just wants one thing. When he realizes he won’t get it, he’ll move on. No way will I sleep with him without him knowing the truth, and no way is he going to want to sleep with me when he finds out.

But I do have to admit that I like the little make-out sessions we have, it means I can live in denial just a little bit longer because after Friday that will all be gone. I’m not asking him to be with me I’m just asking him to take responsibility.

I need to squash these feelings because they’re not going to be reciprocated and it’s just going to hurt even more later if I let myself get my hopes us.

After business law I made sure to walk on the other side of the hall when passing empty classrooms and rush over to Alexis when I could see her. Based on the look on Damon’s face I ruined his plans, which just caused me to smirk and wink to which he narrowed his eyes at me. His face was more one of determination, game on.

I sat next to Alexis and told her she needed to come to the library with me so he doesn’t ambush me and being Alexis made me tell her everything if I wanted her to help me, she found the whole situation amusing.

When the bell rang I took Alexis’s arm and smirked at Damon’s narrowed eyes. He was so hoping to get me alone again, not happening.

When we got to the library I wanted to get on my knees and kiss the ground an praise all things holy! The shelves were finished and the sofa’s had just arrived, and I have big strong men to carry them for me, because that’s something I’m not allowed to do, and not only that, but a couple thousand books arrived too.

I went over to make sure all the pieces of sofa’s and the right amount of bean bags were in the order and thankfully everything was perfect, nothing missing and I felt like I was finally catching a break.

While I was telling the men where to bring the couches Alexis went to go get Italian for lunch because that sounded delicious but Damon came in as they were about to leave and I didn’t get the chance to ask them to put them in certain places.

Maybe I wasn’t catching as big of a break as I hoped, I couldn’t move these myself, damn it. Now I would have to rope Mason into doing it. I had a few circular sofa’s with a break in it to enter in, and I had some that were rectangles that went in corners and come that just simply went against walls, all different shades of brown and white and black. I was hoping having those would make this place more comfortable than just chairs.