chapter eleven: a ray of sunshine

I yawned and sat up in bed before remembering the incident and taking out my phone, I looked at Alex’s number and then blocked it before getting up and applying a new coat of thick gel onto my scars.
I then pulled on some clothes, brushed my hair and teeth and made my way to the kitchen where jakob was sitting at the counter looking at a newspaper. I checked my breathe, walked over and dangled my arms over his neck and kissed his cheek.
“Boomer much?”I said, he chuckled and kissed me back “would you like to date a creepy old man?” He asked, I cringed “ew no” he laughed and I looked at the clock.
“I should go check on mom”I said, jakob raised an eyebrow “your not gonna eat ?” He asked, I shook my head “I’m not hungry at the moment…I’ll talk to you later” I said before sprinting out the door and to the hospital.
I sighed and stopped in front of my moms hospital door and took deep breathes from running and reached for the door knob when I heard a voice. 
“Please doctor just call him for me!” The vice said.
“I’m afraid I cannot allow that til you have fully recovered” the doctor said.
“Please!” I growled and opened the door light flooding into the hall and I looked in.
My eyes widened as I locked eyes with my mother who was awake, my eyes filled with tears and I ran but the doctor tried to stop me but I pushed him aside and hugged mom.
“Oh Alex, I’m so glad your okay!” She said holding me close as I cried into her chest, she smiled and I crawled onto the bed before curling into the bed. 
Thank god she was alive…
Thank you god…if there even is a god…