chapter nineteen: bad luck

The reception....
i smiled as Jakob stood up and took my hand before tapping his wine glass gently with his spoon, I kissed his cheek and he spoke “can I have everyone’s attention? Thank you all for coming to this very special day and I am happy to report that I will be taking very good care of him and making sure he doesn’t get hurt. So, on that note...let’s enjoy the rest of the festivities” he said. 
    He raised his glass higher and then everyone toasted, I smiled as he took my hand and lead me to the now lively dance floor. I laughed as I watched him attempt to dance and impress me, he grinned before grabbing me and spinning me. 
    I laughed and he grabbed me by the waist before doing a very complicated step routine that I knew all to well as the tango. I chuckled and popped the collar of his suit, he laughed as we continued to dance. 

    After a long five minutes or so of dancing I walked to the balcony of the restaurant and let the crisp night air blow onto my face gently when my vision went black and something rough was tied around my hands, my eyes widened and I screamed.
Katelynn was right....I’d have some serious bad luck coming my way after the wedding 
Jakob’s p.o.v.
i stopped abruptly when I heard a high pitched scream slice through the air like a wildfire, my eyes widened and I ran outside while everyone stopped what they were doing and watched. Katelynn’s eyes widened and I slammed open the door to the balcony where I had seen Alex go. But he was no where to be seen, I looked down and caught sight of his phone and ring.
    My eyes widened before I picked up the phone and read the message someone had typed.
what a happy wedding ceremony today! I really enjoyed it! The only issue is I haven’t fully seen how much you care for Alex...you can either save him by coming to the address on the back of this and risk his family being killed. Or...you can save his family and have him killed...either way someone’s going to wind up dead....
with love, 
     Your darling jackass <3
​​​​​​​my eye twitched and I picked up Alex’s ring my eyes welling up with tears and put it into my pocket “what were you saying about keeping him safe....” Katelynn’s voice said from behind me, I could tell she was crying and I knew she had seen the note.
    I turned to her and she held up a hand “don’t. Just don’t say anything. No matter what someone is gonna get killed...so what’s it gonna be...are you going to just stand idly by and hope for the best or risk everyone getting killed.” She said tears falling from her face. 
    I frowned and wiped my tears before pulling her into a hug “I’m not going to do any of that...I just need your help is all...” I whispered. She went stiff and nodded knowing exactly what I had in mind. 

A/N: sorry for the short chapter yet again! But don’t worry there’s more on the way and make sure you have tissues!