chapter four: devastation rains

I frowned and shoved my phone back into my pocket, Dr. Asshole went to say something but someone ran in and cut him off. “Alex sir! We need you to go to the hospital right now!” The doctor yelled. 
         My eyes widened “what? Why what happened?” I asked, panicking inside. 
         She frowned “it’s your mother…” she whispered, I stiffened before sprinting out of the office. Dr. Asshole following me “HEY HOLD ON ALEX I’LL GIVE YOU A RIDE!” He yelled. I ignored him and pushed myself to go faster. “Dammit he’s still faster then me” I heard him whisper. 
    I turned a couple blocks and then sprinted through the hospital doors and ran up to the desk “where’s Layla Martinez being held?” I asked panicking. The lady looked at me and frowned “I can’t tell you, it’s confidential” she said. I growled “IM HER SON DAMMIT!” I yelled slamming my fist against the counter, her eyes widened and she flipped through some papers “room 306” she said, I nodded and sprinted through another door before running up three flights of stairs.
         I slammed open the door to my mothers hospital room and fell to my knees crying, she was in horrible shape. Cuts and bruises all over her body…her right leg and arm were wrapped up in a cast and she was passed out. The only thing stable about her was her heart beat. 
         I covered my mouth to hold in a scream of frustration, I noticed a doctor over in the corner typing on his computer and I stood up. “What happened to her….?” I asked holding back tears. 
         He looked up and frowned “you’re her son?” He asked judgementally, I growled “JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT BUT TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED” I yelled. He sighed and nodded. 
         “she was in a car accident, probably going to pick you up from what is it…uhm…your therapists office. She broke two limbs and had major blows to the head and she’s currently in a coma.” He explained. 
         It went silent and as soon as Dr. Asshole ran in I collapsed and started balling my eyes out. He crouched down and pulled me into a hug, I gripped the back of his lab coat and cried into the naps of his neck.
         After two hours of sitting by my moms side and passing out I woke up slowly in my own room and sat up slowly. “When did I get here…?” I mumbled, I looked around my eyes adjusting to the darkness and I saw Dr. Asshole asleep in my chair in the corner. 
         I frowned and sighed before getting up, placing a warm blanket on him and making my way to the bathroom. 
         I looked in the mirror and frowned. 
My eyes were red and puffy from crying and my arms were covered with nail marks from digging my nails into my skin. 
         I sat on the toilet seat and rested my head in my hands and thought about how I lost my dad the same way I might lose my mom and started crying. I looked up and caught sight of the knife that I kept in the shower to cut my African black soap and I hesitated but picked it up from the bathtub ledge. 
         ‘what would Jakob do if I disappeared….and..m-mom…and Katelynn…what about kylan….tch. He’d probably laugh…’ I pushed the thoughts into the back of my mind and lifted the knife to my chest when Dr. Asshole knocked on the door and scared the shit out of me. 
         I dropped the knife causing the point of it to cut from my stomach to my right thigh and drew in a sharp pain. “J-j-Jakob..” I said hoarsely, he opened the door and his eyes widened, my hands were covered in my own blood and my vision was blurring in and out. 
         “A-Alex what…did you do….” He whispered, my hearing stopped and I collapsed and everything went black.