chapter thirteen: the rando outside my house

1 year and 4 months later…
“SHIT SHIT SHIT! IM GONNA BE LATE FOR WORK!” I yelled grabbing my bag and fixing my tie while running out the door.
I opened the car door before practically peeling out of the driveway to get to work.
I sighed exhausted and sat in my chair before using my inhaler. “Wow, you must have sped here to make it in time” Katelynn said walking in with some paperwork. 
I chuckled “basically” she sat the papers on my table and smirked “finished editing your book boss” she said with a wink, I rolled my eyes and “already? I just gave it to you yesterday” I said.
She laughed “well unlike you, I meet the deadlines.” She said poking my nose, I flinched.
She raised and eyebrow and caught sight of my picture on the desk and cocked her head to the side “has this always been here?” She asked, I nodded. She examined it future and then gasped “oh my gosh! Is that jakob” she said grabbing the picture and looking at it even closer. I laughed “yup”
She looked at me shocked then smirked “are you to dating…” she said nudging my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and smiled “roll your eyes to hard and they’ll fall out boss man” she said before walking over to her desk and sitting down. 
I chuckled and went back to typing on my computer and she took a drink of her coffee “seriously though are you?” She said, I looked at her and frowned “it’s complicated” I said.
“Ah, I see” she replied. I nodded and the rest of the day was quiet except for the couple times Katelynn was called from the office to help with something. I sighed and slammed my head on the keyboard as my writers block resurfaced.
I laid like that for a bit and then my eyes widened before I realised I knew what I was gonna do, I sat up quickly and started typing vigorously.
Katelynn entered the room again and giggled but left me alone as I typed on my computer.
I yawned as I left work with Katelynn “so I saw you got another idea for a book” she said. I glanced at her “yeah, but I’m not sure if I’m going to publish it…” I said, she raised an eyebrow “why not” she asked. 
I laughed nervously “I just…I don’t really know if it’s something I want to publish right now…”I replied. She smiled “I understand that” 
We split ways and I made my way to my car and got in.
I parked the car in my moms driveway and got out instantly noticing someone at the door. I cocked my head to the side and fixed my glasses before realising who it was “d-doctor a-asshole…” I said shocked. 
The man looked up, his hair was longer and he looked extremely tired and he definitely lost weight. His eyes widened and he went stiff, I swallowed my guilt and fear and walked over “Alex I’m sorry I-“ I cut him off by poking the middle of his head where his hairline started. 
I frowned and then lifted my hand before slapping him across the face “how long have you been out!” I yelled. He looked at me shocked and frowned “only a couple months” he said. 
“ONLY A COUPLE?! AND WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME YOU HAD BEEN LET OUT?!”I yelled, he scowled and looked at me “there were some personal issues I had to take care of…and then I found out you moved so I come here to talk to your mother about it but she’s not home” he explained.
I growled and walked past him to open the door “you got glasses…are you finally turning into a boomer?” He said mocking my voice.
I turned around towards him and kicked him in the back multiple times before grabbing him by the jacket collar and kissing him. His eyes widened but he kissed back passionately and pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him.
I blushed and remembered we were outside and grabbed his hand before dragging him inside, I looked around and he was right mom was no where to be seen.
“Hey Alex…” jakob mumbled, I looked over at him before he rested his head against my head “about the thing you told me in the bathroom a year ago…” he said I blushed remembering what I had said “y-yeah” I replied, jakob picked me up and sat me on the counter before kissing me and I felt something cold touch my ring finger. My eyes widened.