chapter eight: reunited

“YOUR STAYING WITH ME?!” I yelled shocked, Jakob chuckled and took a bite of ramen “well yeah…someone has to watch over you…you know I know what’s been going on at school and around town with you. I’m not dumb” he said. 
         I stopped eating my ramen and let my head collapse to the table “so where will I be sleeping?” He asked, I sighed “the guest bedroom I guess…” I said.
         I looked up and locked eyes with him and he smirked “I have a feeling you don’t want me to be in the guest room. Is there a reason?” He said. My eyes widened “how the hell do you know I don’t want you in there?!” I yelled, he chuckled “your expression tells everything” he said.
         I sighed and sat up “I’m going to go clean out the room. You can wait out here.” I said, he looked at me and frowned “can I help?” “NO! I-I mean….no….sorry” I said before going to the guest bedroom to hide the boxes of memories in a closet.
I yawned and put the last box away before spotting a picture on my old desk. I picked it up and frowned it was me with my bleach blonde hair and my friend Alex, I chuckled silently because in middle school we used to call each other the twins even though we looked nothing alike.
         But when we got to high school he ditched me because he found out I was gay, I frowned and tucked the image into my pocket and went back out to the kitchen “the room is clean” I said, I looked up from the ground and saw jakob wasn’t there. “Huh…” I looked around and he wasn’t there but spotted a note on the counter.
~Alex~
There was an emergency so I had to leave, sorry I didn’t come tell you but it was urgent.
~ with love, Doctor Asshole <3~
I cringed and rolled my eyes before throwing it into the trash and sighing, “now what am I supposed to do…” I look around at the house again and sigh “maybe I’ll invite Katelynn over-“ my phone buzzed and I took it from the table.
Unknown ID: sup man! Been a while we should hang out!
Alexander: umm, I think you might have the wrong number..
Unknown ID: naw! Your definitely Alex 
Alexander: uhhh…?-?
Unknown ID: guess you don’t remember huh, I’m your twin XD
I stared at my phone and my eye twitched before I pulled the image of us from my pocket “what the hell…it’s almost like he knew…” I mumbled before answering back.
Alexander: hold on, are you Alex foster? 
Unknown ID: You bet I am!
Alexander: how did you get my number and most importantly why did you ditch me?
He didn’t answer for a couple minutes and I growled “leaving me on red huh. Asshole.” I went to put my phone back on the table when it dinged again. 
Unknown ID: listen bro, I’m sorry high school just got really stressful and I didn’t want to get in the way of your studies, plus I know we both have goals so I thought it’d be best to split up for a bit, ya know?
Alexander: for 4 years?
Unknown ID: like I said we both have goals
Alexander: whatever you say man
Unknown ID: you doing anything tonight?
I sighed and looked at the clock “well…not really…” I mumbled.
Alexander: no, why?
Unknown ID: wanna meet up? I heard some popular girls are throwing a huge Halloween party at 8 
Alexander: a Halloween party? It’s not even October 
Unknown ID: oh c’mon man! Let the girls have their fun!
Alexander: but I don’t have a costume…
Unknown ID: well then we can meet up now and get costumes together sense I don’t have one either!
I glared at the screen and changed his name cause it was getting annoying and added him to my contacts. 
Alexander: sure where do you wanna meet?
Alex: howwa bout that convenience store by the railroad tracks, remember where that is?
Alexander: yup, I’ll meet ya there…in about five minutes 
Alex: cool bro! See ya in a bit!
I sighed and sat my phone on the table before going to grab my jacket and scarf and putting my phone in my pocket, and leaving. 
Of course at the time I hadn’t realised that Jakob was trying to get a hold of me and I had shut off my phone.
I arrived at the convenience store and looked around “what would he look like now?” I whispered before someone grabbed me from behind and gave me a knuckle sandwich. “HEY BRO!” The familiar voice said, I looked up and locked eyes with Alex. 
         He was taller, thinner, his hair was now black with a white undercut and he smirked. “Been a while how ya been” he said. 
I blinked “how did you know it was me?” I asked, he laughed a throaty laugh and looked at me before ruffling up my hair, “your bleached blonde hair gave it away” he said. I smiled slightly, “so how ya been?” He asked again. I shrugged “pretty good…I guess..” I replied.
         His eyes filled with worry “I guess?” He said, I frowned “mom got into an accident…two broken limps, multiple blows to the head and she’s in a coma for who knows how long…” I explained. His eyes widened “no way, your kidding right?” He said, I shook my head.
         “man that sucks…but you know what!” I looked at him “I’m sure kyoko will pull through! After all she is the famous Red butterfly!” He grinned, I smiled slightly. 
         “I’m serious though…she’s a strong woman…I’ve always thought of her as my mom because I don’t have either of my parents, plus she treated me like I belonged. She’s strong she’ll wake up sooner or later” he explained looking ahead of us as we walked.
         I smiled to myself and he grinned “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you smile to yourself before, got someone special in your life do ya?” He said shoving me in the shower gently. 
         I looked at him and blushed “n-no, I don’t why…” I said, he laughed “you just keep smiling to yourself is all, you never did that back in middle school. So if you don’t have someone special then what are you thinking about?” He asked. 
         I looked at the road ahead of us and watched as my breathe came out in swirls that looked like smoke, “nothing really…I guess I’m just happy we’re hanging out again” I said, he grabbed me again and ruffled my hair “aw, did ya miss me that much?” He said, I laughed.