family affairs

An alarm goes off and I run to the screens. As fast as I can I check the security cameras before realizing that it's not my security system but my grandfather's.

My heart starts beautiful fast and I quickly pull up all the footage before recognizing some familiar silhouettes. The team is at my grandfathers house, surrounded by armed men... at least the security works.

I watch them carefully as they talk to my grandfather and I turn up the volume. My grandfather looks at the guards who immediately checked the teams background to verify their badges. They nod at him and he lets them in.

While they awkwardly walk into his little hut and shuffle around my grandfather makes them tea.

"So, what brings you here?"

He turns to the team with a smile and places a cup in front each of them.

"Quite frankly, sir, your granddaughter."

He smiles and lets out a little laugh. My heart warms at the sound.

"I guessed so..."

He walks over to his deck chair and sits down before motioning for them to continue.

"Have you been in contact with her lately?"

"She's been here about 3 weeks ago, if that's what you mean?"

Agent Voight shakes his head, "the past 48 hours?"

"No."

"Do you know anything about her current whereabouts or plans?"

"Aren't you the FBI, sir?"

My grandfather smiles at them innocently and I nearly laugh out at his attitude.

"Certainly, Mr Vincent, but we always welcome new information. And as you may have realized your granddaughter is not that easy to track down."

"I'd say she is one of the hardest people we've ever had to track down, actually", Luise rolls forward and smiles at him.

"Yes, she is", he stops to think for a second, "quite the puzzle, isn't she?"

"Yes and we need your help, sir. Our team believes that she's innocent but we need to prove it and for that we need you to give us any information you have so that we can get in contact with her."

"I understand."

"People high up in the government are looking for her, and they're not as convinced as we are of her innocence."

"I'm not surprised. She's had quite the past, my little birdy, and she was trained quite well."

"What do you know about her training?"

"Nothing much. I mean she can fight like a ninja and she knows martial arts, Krav maga, jujitsu, taekwando, kickboxing, name any and she will deliver."

"We've figured that much. Would she have anywhere else to go? Any other family properties?"

"Not that I know of. Checked her father's company?"

They all nod.

"We'll all I know is that if she doesn't want to be found, you won't find her. And if she contacts you, pursue it."

They all nod and thank him before slowly leaving the house. I shake my head at my grandfathers antics to not give up any information.

I learned that despite my past and doings during that time he trusts me completely and anyone who doesn't is not on his best side. For some reason he sees the good in me, not in the naive way my parents and others do, but the true and honest one.