hidden

"Good afternoon everyone!"

Director Harrison waves me in and I spot the SIU team as well as Agents Voight and Halstead. I quickly move to the back of the room and listen carefully.

"We have a case that is not connected to our tokens matter."

Director Harrison moves to the screens and points at Luise.

"This is Quenton Lawton. An American journalist who has been in Syria for the past month to investigate an alleged treason and collaboration of a group of Mossad agents with one of the the highest CIA-level targets.

He reported back every two days but last week he fell off the radar and has not been responding ever since. Two days ago we got the message that some of the target's men have been occupying a warehouse nearby and they suspect that the journalist is with them.

We were asked to send two of you to investigate and basically camp out there for three days to check for a positive ID."

Director Harrison takes a break from explaining and looks at us pointedly. I know in this moment that it is going to be 007 and Guinevere, according to her very smug and satisfied face and taking my school time into account.

I hold myself back from sighing out in relief and relax my posture.

"As River is now a new member of our team I want her to be one of the two people to do this investigation together with Agent 007-"

My head jerks around fastly and I quickly stop myself from raising my eyebrows at his statement.

"But she has never done a stake out before and she has school."

Guinevere actually supports my disbelief and I nod my head but Harrison does not seem convinced.

"I cleared with your principal River and you're allowed to miss school for 3 days. They will send class material to you via email."

"She is not even an official member of the FBI. She could endanger-"

"That's enough!", Direction Harrison speaks with a firm voice and I immediately duck my head and avert my eyes to the ground.

"River?"

I slowly look up and tilt my head in question.

"Are you okay to do this? Are you willing to drop out of school for 72 hours and do this investigation?"

I tap my hand against my leg while thinking. I trust 007 so that is not the problem but I came back to live a normal life and skipping school does not support this exactly. Nevertheless, my decision is not too hard.

"Yes, sir."

I spot Agent Halstead suppressing a smile as well as Agent Voight. Director Harrison points at me and claps his hands together.

"Very well. You two will stay back and get briefed. River, your parents will be informed but we wanted to ask you first before starting a huge shenanigan."

I nod and purse my lips before taking a seat at the table like the rest of the people.

Luise takes over the lead and starts explaining all the details. She pulls up a picture of the journalist and some floor plans plus pictures from the area on the big screens.

"The warehouse is about 500 squaremeters and has 2 backrooms. According to the CIA the journalist is held in one of the rooms, most likely the right. There are up to 20 men inside and about 7 guarding the doors at all times.

Two main entrances, one back entrance that serves as an emergency exit which also means that it could be possibly linked to an alarm. Therefore, only two entrances for us, understood?"