scars

"And they suspect her?", I hear my father whispering to Francis. I easily hide behind the wall.

"Ye well they questioned her earlier this morning but-"

"Without our consolation?", he hisses angrily.

"Sir, she is not the only suspect and they are just doing their job. You need to understand that River has been in the hands of terrorists for over 10 years. I don't believe it but there's always the possibility of switching sides, you know?"

My father huffs out and rubs his hands against each other in a nervous way. Francis nods at him before leaving for the backdoor.

I quietly retreat back upstairs to do some homework. It is already in the late pm's as we went to the FBI after school and only got back home now. I sit on my couch for a second to recap what happened the past hours. The images of the wounded men hit me hard and I close my eyes.

My body hurts like hell. I drag my leg behind me and wheeze out. My ribs are probably punctured and badly bruised but I carry myself towards the building.

Men lie on the ground, attend injuries and help others. I quickly avert my eyes and as quietly as I can I try to leave. Suddenly, a massive hand grabs my neck and pushes me towards the ground.

"You little bitch didn't do your job right!", Shayan slaps me hard and kicks my ribs. My body jerks back and I desperately wheeze out while my ribs are crushed under his force.

"You had one job!", he punches my face and all I can hear is a high pitched ring in my ears. I try to get up but my arms can't support my body's weight and injuries anymore. I slip into unconsciousness but not before I see his smirking face.

The slamming of a door pulls me out of my thoughts and I quickly turn my head. My father is already home so it should be my mother arriving. I prepare myself for a vicious fight soon. My mother will not let the FBI questioning me pass so easy.

I quietly close my door to shut out her angry voice and focus on homework but I can't seem to concentrate. The French vocabs are dancing in front of my eyes so I shut my books giving up for now. I will have to do it in a couple of hours.

I start thinking again. The fact that they planned all this in such little time and took out so many people at once is nothing new but when you're on the other side it starts to get suppressing and dangerous.

The FBI needs to not only tighten security but also step up in regards to their actions and reactions. The event today cost me their trust but it also showed them how serious this situation is and how fast things can go downhill.

On the other hand, today made their trust in me unnecessary because they will rise up and show their power very soon. If or if not they will use me is up to them. Either way I will get my revenge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay let's roll or we're going to be late!", Francis ushers me out of the house. Yesterday's events made it impossible for me to concentrate on something so unnecessary as homework so after training this morning I had to do some work for today.

I am not used to being late but last night just wasn't for doing any studying.

"So, your mother called the director last night. She was not too happy as you can imagine", Don tells me while looking in the rear mirror. I nod in understanding and purse my lips. My mother's yelling was the only thing I could hear last night but I did not want to tell her how unnecessary it was. I don't want upset her anymore than she already is.