straining preperations

Once I open my laptop I quickly turn my screen away from anyone to see. I still had the construction plans from one of the possible hit locations and I can't let them see it.

Guinevere looks at me suspiciously for a second and I nearly curse myself before continuing to listen to what Agent Halstead is telling us.

The security for the fundraising marathon has tightened and we're supposed to be part of it, too. I still am not 100% sure which building it will be and I don't want to give them wrong intel.

"... are doubled. There is going to be so much security that you will lose one another if you don't do exactly as you're told. If you check in on time and change shifts at the right checkpoints everyone will be safe.

If there are any problems, contact your supervisor immediately. But don't just call whenever you can't decide if you wanna go left or right, understood?"

Agreeing murmurs sound through the room and I watch the others before nodding, too.

"There will be lists printed and digital with your schedule including time, position and supervisors. Stay within your assigned zones and it'll all go as planned, alright?"

Everyone nods again. I don't. To believe that everything will be going well just because we pay a little more attention is simply careless.

The tokens are going to strike, the question is how. The president is going to do the speech despite our warnings so everyone is very nervous. There's a tension in the air that is not comforting at all. And on top of that, his son will be there, too.

The problem is not only them but also other threats that could potentially hurt the president. I've voiced my belief about the sniper and they have taken this possibility into consideration but they seem to think more in the direction of a bomb or crowd attack.

There are so many possibilities to hurt the president. Too many for my liking. It's a suicide mission. Also the reason he will be wearing a bullet proof vest.

"Now, I want you all to look at your perimeter and check in with the assigned people so that you can get to know each other and communication will work next week!"

Everyone likes out of the room and I shut my laptop before slowing walking over to my assigned group. There are two familiar faces and a three unfamiliar ones. The cops assigned to our perimeter are portrayed with headshots.

We will be 30 in our zone. 30 people for 100 square meters, not enough if it were for me. But they don't have more.

We discuss our routes and shifts and then we are all released. I walk out to Francis and quickly get into the car. My family is meeting with Willow's family today and I am already late.

"How was it? Everything okay?"

I shake my head. Not at all.

"It's a suicide mission for the president and his son. We have no idea how they're going to attack. There are too many possibilities."

I let my head fall into hands while wracking my brain for any info or detail I might have missed. I've been going through the possible sniper locations as well as possible bomb locations but I can't seem to find a pattern or any logic tactic...

"I can hear you thinking, kid. Tell me", Francis demands in a rather gentle but firm voice and I sigh.

"It doesn't add up-"

"What's 'it'?"

"The whole bomb or sniper thing. It's not their MO and not what I would do either. They've got something else planned. And I reckon it's going to be bigger than we all expect."