Family Dinner...Gone Wrong and Right?

Killah POV

Christmas approached a lot faster then I fucking thought it would, it's Christmas Eve and all the niggas here and Aysha.

Paris and her making cookies, while me, Nick, Justin and Lucas chill in my office.

"Y'all fuck yet?" Justin asks.

"Nahh." I shake my head.

"Damnnnnn." They all say.

I just shake my head smiling.

"You going soft?" Lucas asks.

"Hell yeah, and honestly I'm man enough to admit it. My sperm donor coming back gave me a sign, maybe it's time to settle down. I've been thinking lately, maybe this lifestyle ain't for me anymore. I'm thinking to open a couple clubs. Or maybe start working as a doctor again." I tell them.

Paris changed me man, she have me talking about hopes and dreams. Shit I would never say around my niggas fall out my mouth easily!

"Damn man! This girl really changing you, I'm glad you open up to us. If I'm being honest I've been thinking about leaving for a while too." Nick says.

"It don't make us any less of men, we just growing up! Shit I've been in the game since I was 10, Ace and Burna was 12 and Gunz you was 14. Shit getting old, I want a life." I say honestly.

They all nod.

"What ya pops say?" Ace asks.

"He wants his trap back, honestly he can have it." I shrug it off.

"Damnnn." Burna sighs.

"I ain't going soft for you niggas but I've known y'all for my whole life, I just wanna say thank you." I dap them up.

"Yooo remember that lil handshake we had as kids." Nick jokes.

Justin puts his hand down, then Lucas, follows by Nick then me.

"360!" We yell.

"I think ima start rapping." Ace says.

"Really nigga?" I ask.

Ace has bars, I can't even lie.

"What's ya name?" Nick asks.

"7wiggy?" Lucas jokes.

We gave him that name in middle school.

"Actually that ain't bad at all." He smiles.

We all start laughing.

"What y'all laughing about?" Paris leans against the door frame with her arms crossed.

"Nun." I smile looking at her.

I just look at her, not wanting to take my eyes off her, she so beautiful and I don't deserve her.

"Nigga got the look of love in his eyes." Ace hits me.

I stand walking over to Paris, I hug he from behind placing my chin on her head.

"Something yo hoe ass won't have." I flip him off.

"Y'all foods ready." Aysha yells.

Everyone starts walking to the kitchen, but I hold Paris back.

"Baby what's wrong?" She asks.

"I just want you to know, you da best thing that ever happened to me." I peck her lips.

She wraps her arms around my neck.

"Nothing in the world means more to me then you." She smiles.

"Let's go." I grab her hand and walk with her to the kitchen.

We sit and Paris prays over the food.

I was in the middle of looking at my surroundings, this the first family dinner I've had in years.

I think back to the last family dinner I had, when I was 10. Before my father went to jail, cause after that I'd eat in my room alone.

Flashback

"Amen." My mother says as we disconnect hands.

Everyone starts eating, my older sister, my younger brother and my parents.

"Thank you baby, this is amazing." My father compliments.

"You're welcome." She smiles.

"Thank your mother guys." My dad pressures.

We all say thank you and continue.

"Dad when I get to come with you to work?" I ask.

A 10 year old you had no idea what weed even looked like, nor that my father dealt with it.

"Never." He answers bluntly.

"Hon, he's just curious." My mom defends.

"I didn't fucking ask." He yells.

Not again my lil brain thought.

"POLICE OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!" They yell.

Everyone at the table looks startled.

When my mom opened the door a whole swat team came in attacking my father, my family started crying...but I didn't know how to feel.

He looks at me and says the last words I would hear come out his mouth in 12 years.

"You're next!"

And he is taken away.

Flashback over

I slam down my utensils and storm to the backyard.

Paris POV

I'm beyond confused, what happened.

I stand getting ready to talk to him, but Burna stops me.

"Come." He says and leads me to Zions office.

"What happened?" I ask.

"This day 12 years ago, his father was arrested. While they were having a family dinner, it's getting to him." He explains.

"I have to go check on him." I say.

"He's just gonna snap at you." Burna says.

"No matter what he says to me, I'll check on him. Lucas that man means too much to me, to let him be like this." I tell him.

He nods.

I leave and go to the backyard, where Zion had his feet dangling in the pool.

"You okay?" I sit beside him.

"The worst part of not having a father to teach you to be a man is having to be the man of the house." He says with tears in his eyes.

"Zion..." I hugs him.

"Zion you deserve the world, don't let this ruin your day. Look around you, you have so many people who love you and care about you. Don't let that man get to you. You will be a better father then he ever was." I hug him tighter.

"Do you?" He asks.

"Do I what?" I ask looking up at him.

"Love me?" He asks.

Killah POV

Maybe I'm moving too fast for her!!

"With all my heart." She answers.