TWENTY-SEVEN.

TWENTY-SEVEN;

Slowly dying

"I'm going to die from boredom

"I'm going to die from boredom."Triana sighed for the umpteenth time as she tossed and absently caught a ball of tennis in her hand.

Samuel took his eyes off the garden he was watching through the window before he glanced over his shoulder at the brunette De La Torre knowingly."Are you bored or worried about what's going on right now?"

Triana squeezed her grip on the ball in her hand before readjusting her head on the cushion of the sofa on which she was currently lying to try to ignore the lingering feeling of guilt in the hollow of her chest.

To tell the truth, she had felt like that since the moment Guzmàn asked her to tell him the whole truth. If she hadn't had Samuel and Chico by her side at the time, she was unsure of what Guzmàn could have done to her.

Nevertheless, he had surprisingly managed to stay calm when he realized what she had been through for the past few months. He didn't really condone her actions but he had seemed somewhat more conciliatory towards her since she had helped them in this crappy plan.

She swallowed as she left a look on her bandaged hand as she could feel her cut scratching under the bandage. Samuel had exactly the same cut. It was their little genius plan. Make believe they disappeared by pressing where it hurt the most. It was completely crazy, honestly.
She still couldn't believe she was involved in all of this.

Her life had really taken a turn for the worse.

A few months ago she was just a teenager like everyone else. She went to high school, had friends she considered family and a heartache like any other typical millennial teenager. And now she found herself falsifying her disappearance in an attempt to confess to the murder of one of her childhood friends.

It was final.

Her life had become worthy of a teenage drama script.

She let out a deep sigh at the thought before looking up at the ceiling again.

Samuel let out an knowing sigh at the sight of her expression before uncrossing his arms from his chest as he walked over to the chair across from Triana to sit down."You know this is the only way to make them crack. We had no other choice."

Triana pursed her lips before leaving a sigh, weary."I know. It's just ... what's going to happen next?"

"Well, Polo will probably go to jail and we will have to move on."Suggested Samuel, hardly convinced.

Triana immediately turned her head to the brown with skepticism written on her face before rolling her eyes as she shook her head. She looked back at the ceiling before resuming her throwing ball.

"Ander was playing tennis, right?"

Triana almost missed receiving the ball in the head as she almost caught it on hearing Samuel's sudden question. She straightened up immediately in a sitting position as she nervously searched for the ball around her before looking up at Samuel at his statement.