TWELVE.

TWELVE;

Juan

"We're going to talk about Polo

"We're going to talk about Polo."

Juan looked up impassively despite the emotions spinning in the back of his head."Polo? Why?"

"We are investigating whether anything that has happened here since the start of the year could have something to do with Samuel's and Triana's disappearance." Cristina replied honestly as she carefully observed the restless young brown in front of her. He had barely managed to hold on since the start of his examination."Did Polo tell you what happened at the pool?"

Juan paused at her suggestion before clenching his jaw as he gave a disdainful look at the redhead. Well Polo and I are not really what you can call the best buddies."

"He went out for a long time with your sister, however." Cristina reminded, raising her eyebrows in anticipation.

Juan immediately left a scoff as he leaned one of his elbows on the table before absently playing with one of his silver rings."Polo has always been just a toy for Carla. Did you know he was a stutterer? She just felt sorry for him."

"What about Triana? What does she have been for you?" Cristina asked coldly.

Juan stiffened as he looked at the redhead before parting his lips to take a deep breath."Triana is one of the best people I have ever met. A true friend. Loyal, attentive, caring. She's ready for anything for friendship."

"Really ? It's surprising to hear you speak of her in such glowing terms."Doubted Cristina as she tightened in spite of herself her grip on her pen."Especially when you know that it wasn't that long ago that you made threats against her."

Juan ran his tongue down his teeth in frustration before giving a sharp look at Cristina."We have all made mistakes in the past few months. Triana the first. But that doesn't prevent us from staying united. This is our group after all. We stay together no matter what."

"I see. You're referring to the fight between her and Luz, right?"She exclaimed knowingly before frowning falsely understanding."It's strange though. I'm pretty sure Triana had sworn to stay away from you after this. And yes, I was the one who came to pick her up in high school."

Juan clenched his jaw visibly short of argument before suddenly leaning on the table in impatience and frustration."Why are you wasting your time questioning us in this case? You already know everything there is to know about Triana. In the meantime, she remains missing and no one is doing anything to find her. You know what it's like to live with the idea that one of our dearest friends may have disappeared because of-"

"Because ? Because of what Juan?"Cristina asked immediately suspiciously.

Because of him.

Juan restrained a groan as he fell heavily against the back of his chair before suddenly striking his palm on the table."Damn it!"

He felt like a fucking locomotive about to explode at any time. It wasn't what he expected. He never wanted anything like this. His sister had to face all these damn mistakes. Carla and the guys. It was almost ironic really.

He had to be found in his sister's stories.

And now he had lost everything.

It was only a matter of time before he was charged with an assassination accomplice and he would have only his eyes to cry in prison. He will think back to all the horrible things he had done to his friends and all for what ... for nothing.

Triana was gone and there was a good chance she could never surface again.

Teo had warned him after all.