TWENTY-THREE.

TWENTY-THREE;

FAITHFUL

"No fucking way! And you really said all that to his father? In the eyes ?"Exclaimed Triana as she took another sip of her white wine in disbelief

Omar shrugged his shoulders while Angel nodded his head with a halftone smile. He was genuinely proud of Omar when he stood up for him before his father. He had never seen anyone stand up to his father like Omar had done. He was much braver than anyone. Much more courageous than him.

Suddenly, Ivan went out of the kitchen to the doorbell before snapping his fingers in the direction of the trio to react to Triana's statement."Well, I can believe it. I mean, at this rate I'm going to end up turning this house into a youth shelter."

Triana and the boys grimaced in unison in response to her father's words before sharing a knowing look.

"I'm sorry for imposing myself like this."Apologized immediately Angel allowing Triana to shake her head negatively.

"Nonsense. The colonel kicked you out. I was not going to let you wander the streets."Sighed Triana, still exhausted by the latest dramas flowing into their lives.

However, her gaze soon widened with a broad smile on her lips at the sight of the redhead making her way into the living room next to her father. She immediately put her glass down on the coffee table before leaping to her feet as she rushed over to her godmother to hug her.

Cristina let out a breath of laughter visibly taken aback by this sudden outburst of affection before quickly regaining her surprise as she hugged her in turn."Well not that I'm complaining about this hug but I still need to breathe you know."

"Oh right."Triana breathed in the realization before coming off to look at her with a nostalgic smile."It's just that I feel like I haven't seen you in months."

Cristina nodded her sympathy before trapping a lock of Triana's raven black hair behind her ear."Yeah, I was a little busy after what happened at your high school."

Triana immediately lowered her eyes to the reminder before remembering the presence of Omar and Angel. She forced a smile on her lips despite the guilt still hanging over her shoulders before taking the hand of her godmother to lead her to the duo.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to Omar."

"Well technically I already know him."Cristina reminded, letting Triana wince as she met the nervous gaze of the Muslim brown in question. conversely Cristina gave a confused look at Ivan and Triana."What I don't know is what he's doing here. Are you friends now?"

Ivan bit into his slice of pizza before shrugging nonchalantly."Apparently I have turned into a teenage shelter."

Triana rolled her eyes at her father's nonchalant attitude before giving a sympathetic look between her godmother and Omar."Omar and Angel are having some problems with their parents right now. They live here."