SIXTEEN.

SIXTEEN;

Bad habit

Triana felt like she had her world crashing around her

Triana felt like she had her world crashing around her. For a moment she was sitting in class and the second after she turned her head simply to see her real worst nightmares watching her behind the window overlooking the classroom.

Nano Garcia.

He should be in prison.

Only it seems that he was free again.

If that had relieved her for the space of an instant, she'd been quick to realize the situation that put her and her old friends into. It had been enough for Guzmàn to set his eyes on the tall brown with shaved sides to unleash a veritable hell on Las Encinas. And for a moment Triana almost felt relieved that everything was discovered.

At least it only lasted a ridiculous little minute. Because it was enough for Nano to ask for her help to realize that what she already thought was hell was only going to get worse.

"Samuel ... Come in, please." Triana suddenly raised her head, coming out of her stupor at Azucena's voice before resuming the nervous jump of her knee as she watched Samuel make his way back into the classroom.

Triana immediately lowered her eyes to her desk as Samuel went up the desk aisle in which she was before going through the back to reach his place.

"Let's hope you have the dog well tied up." Lucrecia scornfully commented.

It only worsened the state Triana found herself in.

She clasped her hands so hard on the desk in front of her that she could begin to feel her nails pushing her cuticles. She just couldn't ignore the storm in her head. It was a real hurricane. She could feel her whole body petrified with fear. She had literally just moved into a whole new sphere of panic at this point.

The fact that she had been confronted with Nano had been enough to make her aware of the things that she had done. She had let an innocent person go to jail. She had lied all these months and now she was faced with her actions.

"That person is innocent until proven otherwise."Azucena announced in an understanding tone.

"Or until he kills someone else."

Triana closed her eyes to Guzmàn's statement before clenching her jaw at the sound of the conversation taking place next to her. Honestly, she was so shocked that she seemed unable to meet the gaze of others, let alone that of her group. She already knew they were staring at her like some sort of time bomb.

After all she was the weak link.

And they had reason to be worried.

Because Triana could definitively feel that she was on the verge of breaking down.